Make a donation

Author Topic: Fatherhood and latest mods...  (Read 3077 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Fatherhood and latest mods...
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 09:50:22 am »

Quick Berg buy some Porsche brakes while you've still got some money!  :innocent:

....And then when the missus finds out, you can sell them to Tfsi_Mike!  :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »
ha ha cheers guys, will get pics when get a chance only just got time to post this as got a visitor cuddling him. jeez.. sleepless nights and a half i presume your body just adjusts after a while??

Re mods already trying to sell the safety ones and comfort ones now to the missues eg RVC, and UNIbrace XB and UB will make the car safer I presume??  :wink: Mike - yes bigger brakes the best safety feature  :evilgrin:

Re JH Trophy, people keep saying "well, thats the end of your GTi", I reply, "why? thats why i bought a 5 dr as forward planning as opposed to a Boxster and would have had to have sold it now.

I  might do a RR and do 300k in it and give it to him when he is 17 ha ha as a vintage GTi..

Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »
I'm tempted to keep my gti and pass it onto my son when he is old enough to appreciate it (21) as it is also the same year as him.

But dread to think what price v power will be in 12 years time and what sort of mpg cars of the time will be getting compared to the golf, turbos will prob be banned by the EU by then too.

Congratulations on becoming a Dad I can honestly say being a Dad is the best thing that has happend to me

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »

jeez.. sleepless nights and a half i presume your body just adjusts after a while??

Re mods already trying to sell the safety ones and comfort ones now to the missues eg RVC, and UNIbrace XB and UB will make the car safer I presume??  :wink: Mike - yes bigger brakes the best safety feature  :evilgrin:

Re JH Trophy, people keep saying "well, thats the end of your GTi", I reply, "why? thats why i bought a 5 dr as forward planning as opposed to a Boxster and would have had to have sold it now.

I  might do a RR and do 300k in it and give it to him when he is 17 ha ha as a vintage GTi..

....Re sleepless nights: Most folks say this but we found that breast feeding and having baby in bed with us made all the difference. I have father'd 2 children, 4 years apart in age, and had no sleepless nights.

Re 5-dr GTI: Most definitely a very practical allrounder with plenty of room and flexibility. If your gear and kid won't fit comfortably in a Mk5/6 GTI, then you've got too much gear and some of it needs leaving at home!

Re UNIbraces: How do they make your car safer? - I don't think so. But they do make your car corner much more flatly when driven hard. You'll get away with a black UNIbrave UB because wifey will never look under your car and if she does and asks what it is you'll say what she says when she pretends that that new dress/shoes/bag isn't new and makes you feel embarrassed for not noticing and complimenting her earlier.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:43:39 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 02:52:42 pm »

Quick Berg buy some Porsche brakes while you've still got some money!  :innocent:

....And then when the missus finds out, you can sell them to Tfsi_Mike!  :evilgrin:

I was hinting at Berg buyin my brakes Robin  :innocent:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

jeez.. sleepless nights and a half i presume your body just adjusts after a while??

Re mods already trying to sell the safety ones and comfort ones now to the missues eg RVC, and UNIbrace XB and UB will make the car safer I presume??  :wink: Mike - yes bigger brakes the best safety feature  :evilgrin:

I  might do a RR and do 300k in it and give it to him when he is 17 ha ha as a vintage GTi..

....Re sleepless nights: Most folks say this but we found that breast feeding and having baby in bed with us made all the difference. I have father'd 2 children, 4 years apart in age, and had no sleepless nights.

Re 5-dr GTI: Most definitely a very practical allrounder with plenty of room and flexibility. If your gear and kid won't fit comfortably in a Mk5/6 GTI, then you've got too much gear and some of it needs leaving at home!

Re UNIbraces: How do they make your car safer? - I don't think so. But they do make your car corner much more flatly when driven hard. You'll get away with a black UNIbrave UB because wifey will never look under your car and if she does and asks what it is you'll say what she says when she pretends that that new dress/shoes/bag isn't new and makes you feel embarrassed for not noticing and complimenting her earlier.

:happy2:

I guess I was referring to the XB strengthening the inherent weakness of the hatchaback structure, would the added rigidity not help in a side impact t-bone?

Mike - will PM you when things clear  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 05:58:43 pm »

I guess I was referring to the XB strengthening the inherent weakness of the hatchaback structure, would the added rigidity not help in a side impact t-bone?

....I suppose that the XB might help if a side impact hit in the right particular place but it's only aluminium. You would need a full roll-cage with side impact bars to make a real difference.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
yeah, lets be honest i am just trying to justify it on a safety basis, when your review clearly demonstrates it is still a performance mod only in real terms  :driver:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 06:06:57 pm »
Our son is breast fed and we still get sleepless nights. It depends on how he wants to feed as sometimes he will cluster feed and others he will go 3-4hrs between feeds.

I wouldn't advise having the baby in bed with you. I know some do it successfully but everything we have been told or read advises against it.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 06:10:11 pm »
^^^^
The XB is very good as a 'luggage' restrainer - Does that help you justify it?

And you can still have a third seat:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »

I wouldn't advise having the baby in bed with you. I know some do it successfully but everything we have been told or read advises against it.

....Why?

You need to follow your instincts and not all the mambo-jambo text books about what's currently in fashion. Parenting doesn't need text books - It's the most natural thing in the world.

Obviously you stop well before he or she becomes a teenager!  :evilgrin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 06:32:02 pm »
The reason is because you could suffocate them either by yourself or with the duvet etc. I'm a light sleeper but I still wouldn't want to risk having a 5 wk old baby in the bed with me. Our son sleeps in the same room in his Moses basket. When he gets to about 6 months he will then go into the nursery.

We all do things differently and it's trial and error with kids.

Oh and wait till you get the sh*tty nappies. I didn't think it was possible for an adult to sh*t that much let alone a 5 wk old. Just had to Bath him as it was everywhere he'd done that much  :grin: