Make a donation

Author Topic: Rust on 5 door door shuts - hard rubber trim to blame.  (Read 4050 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Rust on 5 door door shuts - hard rubber trim to blame.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:44:21 am »
Watching with interest as just check mine and you can see the scratches,,, gonna polish it and give it plenty of wax, and rubber care the seals to soften them...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re: Rust on 5 door door shuts - hard rubber trim to blame.UPDATE!!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 08:57:28 am »
The Bodyshop Claims Advisor I met previously put me in touch with a Warranty Assessor at a sister branch and he inspected my car yesterday. He'd not seen the rusty door shut issue before and advised me to take my car to another dealer who had a Bodyshop on site. Feels like buck-passing to me but I'll drive to Drift Bridge in Epsom and see what they say.
I think the next course of action will be a letter to VW Head Office. If VW US has released a protection foil for the door shut area it seems obvious there's a problem here. What they'd actually do to help is unclear.

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Rust on 5 door door shuts - hard rubber trim to blame.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 10:20:13 am »
Has there been any movement on this issue? I have the same issue on my door shuts. :(
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.