Make a donation

Author Topic: Ian's Laser Blue GTi ***New Pics***  (Read 20807 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: Ian's Laser Blue K03 GTi *UPDATE* New Wheels on.
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 07:24:54 pm »
I will be lowering it at some point, with Billstein dampers and Eibach springs, but that's a bit of a way off at the moment.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I love the look of it. Amazing how a set of wheels can transform the look of a car.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

My ex popped round earlier, and we got on so well she is letting me rob the WALK kit out of the old car.  :happy2:

Thought I'd take the opportunity to take a picture of both beasts together.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:56 pm »
I know its just my eyes but the Monza's look massive compared to your the BBS on your new car even tho they are both the same size. And with both cars being side by side your new one definitely looks more performance orientated with them wheels :happy2:

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:10 pm »
Even the black rubber window surrounds stand out and tie in nicely with your wheels.  I think you've got the best one of the two! ..especially when you've stripped the old one of anything worth having.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »
Glad to see that things are amicable with your ex, Ian  :happy2:. Acrimonious breakups can be very unpleasant if you have been living together and solicitors get involved.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 11:20:08 am »
I know its just my eyes but the Monza's look massive compared to your the BBS on your new car even tho they are both the same size. And with both cars being side by side your new one definitely looks more performance orientated with them wheels :happy2:

Ther Monza 2's are awesome, and they really suit the car. But I love this 'lightweight look' you get from the black trim items, black detailing and black wheels. My old car does look more grown up for sure!  :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:20 am »
^^^^
Yes, but you are forgetting that as you grow older, you feel younger! Having a GTI promotes this feeling. Believe me - I know!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:20 am »
Even the black rubber window surrounds stand out and tie in nicely with your wheels.  I think you've got the best one of the two! ..especially when you've stripped the old one of anything worth having.  :happy2:

Thanks mate, I have to agree, but I still really love the old one. Shadow blue is a great colour, and I really love the Interlagos cloth and the Monza 2's. They look very different considering they are both MK5 K03 GTi's in blue!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 11:45:50 am »
^^^^
Yes, but you are forgetting that as you grow older, you feel younger! Having a GTI promotes this feeling. Believe me - I know!

I totally agree Robin. I've had a quickish Golf of various types for 15 years now, and I've not grown up at all!  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 11:46:42 am »
Does your ex still love you enough to let you swop the interior? Would she be getting leather? If so, she might be persuaded if you tell her it's worth much more etc.

Or, will she notice if you do a swopsy under cover of darkness and then just deny all knowledge and tell her she should have gone to Specsavers. She'll understand the 'deny all knowledge' bit - It's a very female trait.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:03 am »
Does your ex still love you enough to let you swop the interior? Would she be getting leather? If so, she might be persuaded if you tell her it's worth much more etc.

Or, will she notice if you do a swopsy under cover of darkness and then just deny all knowledge and tell her she should have gone to Specsavers. She'll understand the 'deny all knowledge' bit - It's a very female trait.

Although I love the Interlagos cloth, the very dark grey leather suits the car really well, and I wouldn't want to swap it out. It's also a lot more hardy than the cloth, especially on the driver rhs bolster.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
Re: Ian's Laser Blue K03 GTi *UPDATE* Gone REVO!!
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Well what a day!

Andy & Alex at Storm Developments invited me down to have their latest Stage 1 put on at no extra cost, with rolling road session, which was great, but unfortunately it did not quite go to plan! Anyway, I was there a lot longer than planned, but I was happy, as I was surrounded by a 620bhp 911 Turbo S, a 710bhp Audi S3 with TTRS lump, several G60's, 2 MK2 race cars, a 450 bhp  supercharged MK4 R32, an Audi R8, and several other modified cars from the VAG stable.

Anyway, My ECU would not accept the new file, and would not take back the Stage 1 they put on a few weeks ago! Andy said he'd never experienced anything like it with this engine, and they've done loads there. The car would not start either. However, the REVO tool erased everything, allowing the car to start. The equipment used for non-REVO maps over-rides all other files apparently, and does not erase them, and my ECU was having none of it. I'm wondering if VW did something sneaky to it when I took it in there after I'd had the Storm/PDT Stage 1?

Anyway, after several attempts, it still wasn't having it. so Andy suggested a REVO Stage 1, which was on and done in seconds. Very impressive kit, and a lot smaller than the non-REVO one!

So after a 'spirited drive' to allow the car to get used to it, onto the rollers, and once everything was correctly configured, a handy 253 bhp and 295 lb/ft of torques! The acceleration is a lot less brutal from the off, and I don't get wheel hop if I get my throttle-feathering and clutch release timing wrong (quite frequent). It does feel a lot more linear through the whole rev range, and more powerful than before, but so far I have to  say it doesn't feel as exciting as before.  :indifferent:
 . It's a shame as I was really looking forward to trying their new Stage 1, which they were very excited about.  :sad1:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:07:09 pm by Mk5 GTian »

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48:26 pm »
^^ great figures Ian  :happy2:

Looking forward to seeing how it goes at JKM next month  :smiley: - you should have similar mods to mine now (K&N panel filter??)

Graeme
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline EckReid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:33 pm »
Strong figures.

Less exciting possibly because the power comes in smoother do you think?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:58 pm »
^^^^
Surely smooooth is a good thing.