Make a donation

Author Topic: Devastated!!!  (Read 5160 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Devastated!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 03:45:23 pm »

Be careful with informing the police. If you are not going to claim on your insurance its better not to tell them.

Insurance company's require that you report to them any damage done to your car , then they will load you the next year (even if it was not your fault)

By informing your insurers you are not obliged to submit a claim, AFAIK.

but surely you're still increasing your perceived risk - same as if you make a non-fault claim?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »

Be careful with informing the police. If you are not going to claim on your insurance its better not to tell them.

Insurance company's require that you report to them any damage done to your car , then they will load you the next year (even if it was not your fault)

but surely you're still increasing your perceived risk - same as if you make a non-fault claim?

....Well, many moons ago, I informed my insurance company of some non-fault damage and I didn't take it further and submit a claim and neither was my policy premium increased. I don't think that every insurance company would increase your annual costs just because of damage that could happen anywhere and which isn't because of living in a certain postcode.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 04:53:14 pm »

I wouldn't inform the insurance company unless u plan on using them, can't see the police doing much either.

....On the question of informing the Police, the chance that the vandals get caught and brought to justice may be very small but, for example, in my neck of the woods a number of people reported their cars being vandalised to the local Police recently and the scumbags eventually got caught. I think it's always a good idea to alert the Police over any crime and then be realistic about the outcome.

If anyone is hurt in an accident/incident, you MUST inform the Police.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:10 pm »

....Well, many moons ago, I informed my insurance company of some non-fault damage and I didn't take it further and submit a claim and neither was my policy premium increased. I don't think that every insurance company would increase your annual costs just because of damage that could happen anywhere and which isn't because of living in a certain postcode.

your implication is that insurance companies work on logic!  :rolleye:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »

your implication is that insurance companies work on logic!  :rolleye:

....There is a logic in assessing risk but I'm splitting hairs and think I know what you are implying  :laugh:  :happy2:

None of us like paying for insurance any more than we like paying taxes but I'm not anti the insurance industry and when/if you have a successful claim you are then very glad of it.