Make a donation

Author Topic: Really REALLY embarrassing question......  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Really REALLY embarrassing question......
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 08:40:02 pm »
I've always put the jack under the car first, so it is tight up against the jacking points and then cracked the bolts loose. Maybe I'm a little bit over careful :laugh: But better safe than sorry :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 10:36:22 pm »
Does anyone ever use a v small amount of copper grease on the bolts and the mating faces of the alloy and hub?

I would also be v grateful if someone could post a couple of pic of a car on axel stands/trolley jack.

One day I'll get a 4 post lift.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:38:49 pm »
Does anyone ever use a v small amount of copper grease on the bolts and the mating faces of the alloy and hub?

I would also be v grateful if someone could post a couple of pic of a car on axel stands/trolley jack.

i do use copper grease, dont apply to much to the bolts though

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 10:42:24 pm »

Yes i put to much on with the spray stuff and got hung drawn and quartered by Teutonic Tamer.  :grin:

The jacking points are discussed in this thread, we have a similar thread on here but i cant find it.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=95479.0

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 01:05:34 am »

Thanks, and dont laugh!!!!!  :grin:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sorry, I help it.  :laugh:  not that I'm any better... a few months ago I slightly damaged a bit of the underbody plastic lining trying to jack the car up - it was in completely the wrong place  :signIWS:  The fact that it was snowing at the time and night time didn't really excuse it as I knew exactly where I was placing it.  I got terrified after that and left it alone.  The next time I attempted it was when I did the S3 I/C job  :rolleye:

Ifti

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 08:35:57 am »

Wouldnt mind seeing such a pic myself, just for reference......

Ifti

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 08:36:25 am »