Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 197651 times)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:40 pm »
Come on Robin

people like forge are forever borrowing customers cars to experiment on.

It also need saying you've benefited probably more than most by making your car available for components...

Not having a go, LOBA's a small successful company with more know how than revenue. It's unrealistic to expect free stuff from a company it's size, i'll hopefully be able to give away new products at some stage but until then people pay up with some discount with added support for installation and issues going forward....

Anyway back to the turbo...until somebody gets it on a car and maps it properly it's a doorstop, got a good feeling about it though, going to be a whole new avenue of tuning and all done by design - improving what we've already got and had for about 6 years that nobody's bothered with before....

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:10 pm »
^^^^
Okay, so I was ignorant of what LOBA are all about and asked some challenging questions which have been answered to the benefit of others who will read this thread and who also have never previously heard of LOBA.

However, this is one product I'd rather that others 'braver' than myself tested in their cars. :smiley: It sounds very interesting if it succeeds.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2012, 10:18:24 pm »
Evening Chaps, hope your all doing well

Thought it was about time I started posting some useful input here for the many I do know and the few I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet.

Regards the Loba 4XX (Darius's Loba's little baby) the idea behind the unit was a safe 400 plus hp on a totally standard K04 power head with no more lag than say a stock K04. As we all know this power level has been reached and plenty surpassed many years ago with the legendary Garrett GT & GTX series turbo's but came at the cost of turbo lag and a turbo lag that we have now become unaccustomed too.
I do have the turbo fitted to our demo car now as a few of you already know and I can assure you that 400hp is totally real world possible as the turbo is virtually asleep at this level.
Our car is still on standard internals and I'm trying to keep it that way as to keep costs down to the end user but all importantly keep costs down and be safe & reliable.
Like most VW tuning indies we've seen a lot of Hard worked K04 motors (some very hard worked ones Mr Hurditch!) and have yet to see one detonate, I'm not assuming at all this isn't possible as we may well soon find out it is, but that would be on my own demo car which I can repair with ease and not one of my poor old customers.
I would agree headlift is the main issue which will have to be resovled, I have discussed this with a few already.
We have seen pistons let go on poorly tuned cars in the past that probably never got set up right in the first place due to lack of knowledge or maybe budget.
I can tell you one thing for sure this hybrid is of the likes you've never seen before, I know Mr Loba is keeping it a close guarded secret for now but I assure you this design could not be replicated easily or cheaply.
We have a 2WD DSG demo car and a 4WD DSG demo car, we will run this set up on both now , the 2WD & 4WD tunes will be very different I can guarantee that for sure!
We will develop tunes for Giac and Revo so customers can go with their preferred supplier
Tuning and specific live road mapping will be commencing shortly.
So now we have it for the first time ever More power than a GT28RS with no more lag than a stock K04 !
I'll keep everyone up to speed as much as I can here when I have the time that is!
Remember we undertake these new and exciting projects to eventually offer them to you guys, these new tuning options are all for you to choose what is right personally for you I'm not saying one is better than any other.
After all were all in this together !!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »
Now then!  Welcome along buddy!

Your not helping me in trying to convince myself I dont need the Loba unit ya swine!  :fighting: haha
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:36:31 pm by Tfsi_Mike »

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2012, 10:35:55 pm »
Great first post....

This things certainly got the juices flowing  :signLOL:

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »
Eye eye Micky how's  the little en??
I see you've been tweaking again, glad to see you've spent the money on something worthwhile this time!!
Are you still loving the track days ? One your hooked you better get granny for sale!!
Think I'm booking on one later this month if I've got the time, I'll let you know

Ill send you the dyno results later this week hopefully you'll feel sick with the result! Hah :laugh:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »

Eye eye Micky how's  the little en??
I see you've been tweaking again, glad to see you've spent the money on something worthwhile this time!!
Are you still loving the track days ? One your hooked you better get granny for sale!!
Think I'm booking on one later this month if I've got the time, I'll let you know

Ill send you the dyno results later this week hopefully you'll feel sick with the result! Hah :laugh:

Propper shooting up mate, doing allsorts of new stuff he's ace  :love:  Cheers!

Been after the bonnet for donkeys mate!

Gonna try and do Bedford before I go to Afghan, will let you know, I need to go in that Porker...!  :driver:

*waits for dyno results  :popcornsoda:

:drinking: :drinking:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »
 :surprised:   Welcome along mate

Hurdy finaly got you on here then :grin:

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:57 pm »
Afraid So Rob,  he mentioned it was about time I came out the closet (don't know what he meant by that) :confused:

I turned the boost up this weekend for some fun driving, man it gobbles the Meth up now
Ran at 1.8 bar for data logging and was very pleasantly surprised To say the least
Early days still though plenty of heavy testing to do yet
I'll buz you next week regs your bits and pieces

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:08 pm »
Welcome aboard Steve, glad we have yet another expert on board!! Got your voicemail reference that fan, parts fitting, and Vagcom, etc, will give you a follow-up call tomorrow..

Andy

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »
This project redefines the meaning of the term Guinea Pig!! LOBO should buy their own cars to use as test beds.

Why?

Forge, owens developments, etc dont. They make products, they know what to expect, and now a tuner has decided to see how much they can squeeze from it.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2012, 11:15:46 pm »
Hahaa, about time you signed up on here Steve. I know you've been "lurking" for a while. :smiley:

Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »

Kirkys registered, come say hello lad  :wink:

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2012, 11:23:04 pm »
Easy John that sounds a bit pervy!

Thought I might be able to shed a load of confusion on here, you poor poor soles

Just so you know were doing late night dyno runs next week , disco dyno will be the theme

Hi Andy yep I'll speak to you tomoz

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2012, 11:24:27 pm »

Disco Dyno  :jumpmove:  Tickets available on the door or booking in advance only  :signLOL: