Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 202420 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2012, 07:41:00 am »
These transform the 135i... To a m3 eater

http://loba-motorsport.com/en/product-gallery/bmw/1-series/e82-135i-n54-225-kw-306-ps/lo470p-turbochargers

We feel 500 could be made maybe beaten, judging from partners feedback

Go on Dave, get these bought, theyre only pocket change to you anyway :wink:

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2012, 07:51:29 am »
Drop onto building your Ed back up this afters Dom, when you back ?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2012, 08:00:41 am »
Next wednesday Steve :happy2:
Plenty of time to order a new cylinder head, a loba turbo, WMI and dsg clutch packs :happy2:
I wish.........

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2012, 08:10:33 am »
Next wednesday Steve :happy2:
Plenty of time to order a new cylinder head, a loba turbo, WMI and dsg clutch packs :happy2:
I wish.........

Wicked  I'll get the Loba ordered hah !!  :laugh:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2012, 10:21:58 am »

http://loba-motorsport.com/en/product-gallery/bmw/1-series/e82-135i-n54-225-kw-306-ps/lo470p-turbochargers

:drool:

TBH Th 1 series chassis feels just right with 400ish.

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2012, 10:32:08 am »

:drool:

TBH Th 1 series chassis feels just right with 400ish.

Cool ... not been in one to be honest, we have our own 335i project car with our Turbos, quaife LSD, so on... is fantastic

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:00 pm »
I always fancied a 4 pot 4wd Golf, and have been looking at prices of 02M gearboxes and rear diffs and haldex.....not expensive.

Coupled with a Loba, would make a helluva motor.

The beemers sound interesting....I drive a 335 on a weekly basis as I 'look after' my bosses (means cleans and puts fuel in it!) but I get to take it on some decent journeys....awesome car. ITs the auto with the paddles so would probablt prefer a manual but it does go well with the standard 305hp. Sounds great too!

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »
So any word on who's doing a bespoke map for this yet as that's the next major update really. Steve have you done any mapping without WMI?

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2012, 08:52:56 pm »
 :signLOL:  :evilgrin: proper car. Been in it. Fookin immense

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2012, 11:45:36 pm »
So any word on who's doing a bespoke map for this yet as that's the next major update really. Steve have you done any mapping without WMI?

Yes Rob ofcourse very soon!
We are still trying to max this thing out not de-tune it  :wink:
I'm tuning bespoke with Todd at evomsit as of today, BTW the particular one off GIAC tune I've ran for 2 years will work fine we know that now (this was never an off the shelf map it's very special indeed)
We will make different files for 2WD / 4WD cars, for WMI users, and for pump fuel users I would guess all with linear throttle at this power
We will also be able to tune for different diameter intakes no problems at all
Si wants me to turn the WMI off for a few runs, I'll do that next for everyone to check out on here,  it will still run strong I can guarantee that!
For my car I want the MP WMI as I want it as strong as possible and we'll tune for that too we won't be numbing the knock sensors like some do, it will still have saftey built in to the map and were working hard on drivability, although as the few who have driven it will back me up that it drives beautiful now, very controlled and civilised its 99% there already and I'm very very particular about this, it feels stronger than ever off throttle and super crisp, builds speed very fast with no fuss or noise
I'll post up some more runs without the Meth for you.
Just So everyone knows we have always run 99 V power never race fuel on this car, this map is not tuned for WM at all, some think were not telling the truth, I 100% am!
The last thing I want is one of our cars running 450 + on my rollers then 380 on some other rollers  :grin: it won't happen !
My own car will not be softened it is what it is, if it lets go we find the weakness that's the sacrifice I am always willing to make on our mules,
I would guess 420-425hp is a going to be a safe bet on pump fuel with very good hardware and the ability to turn it up a little if need be
I have a Revo stage 4 update file Kev sent me with some minor tweaks I'll test it very very soon for you Revo chaps out there   :innocent:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:51:55 pm by Statller-Stevo »

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2012, 04:58:25 am »

Yes Rob ofcourse very soon!
We are still trying to max this thing out not de-tune it  :wink:
I'm tuning bespoke with Todd at evomsit as of today, BTW the particular one off GIAC tune I've ran for 2 years will work fine we know that now (this was never an off the shelf map it's very special indeed)
We will make different files for 2WD / 4WD cars, for WMI users, and for pump fuel users I would guess all with linear throttle at this power
We will also be able to tune for different diameter intakes no problems at all
Si wants me to turn the WMI off for a few runs, I'll do that next for everyone to check out on here,  it will still run strong I can guarantee that!
For my car I want the MP WMI as I want it as strong as possible and we'll tune for that too we won't be numbing the knock sensors like some do, it will still have saftey built in to the map and were working hard on drivability, although as the few who have driven it will back me up that it drives beautiful now, very controlled and civilised its 99% there already and I'm very very particular about this, it feels stronger than ever off throttle and super crisp, builds speed very fast with no fuss or noise
I'll post up some more runs without the Meth for you.
Just So everyone knows we have always run 99 V power never race fuel on this car, this map is not tuned for WM at all, some think were not telling the truth, I 100% am!
The last thing I want is one of our cars running 450 + on my rollers then 380 on some other rollers  :grin: it won't happen !
My own car will not be softened it is what it is, if it lets go we find the weakness that's the sacrifice I am always willing to make on our mules,
I would guess 420-425hp is a going to be a safe bet on pump fuel with very good hardware and the ability to turn it up a little if need be
I have a Revo stage 4 update file Kev sent me with some minor tweaks I'll test it very very soon for you Revo chaps out there   :innocent:

:pomppomp:  :notworthy:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2012, 09:51:54 am »

it will still have saftey built in to the map and were working hard on drivability, although as the few who have driven it will back me up that it drives beautiful now, very controlled and civilised its 99% there already and I'm very very particular about this, it feels stronger than ever off throttle and super crisp, builds speed very fast with no fuss or noise

....Driveability is everything in my opinion - Power is useless without traction etc. You are to be applauded for making driveability such a priority  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Makes me wish I had a K04 car and still had plenty of money!

....JKM's Dyno-Dynamics is the rollers which has the reputation for low figures (personally I view them as realistic). We all know what a lottery rollers can be. It's a long way down south to JKM in Portsmouth though our friend John Hurdy has done it (of course!!), but you would be particularly welcome at our next Dyno-Day:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.0.html

^ If there's even the faintest chance of you coming I better list you provisionally now because it's filling up fast and has a max of 30 runners.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2012, 11:14:32 am »

it will still have saftey built in to the map and were working hard on drivability, although as the few who have driven it will back me up that it drives beautiful now, very controlled and civilised its 99% there already and I'm very very particular about this, it feels stronger than ever off throttle and super crisp, builds speed very fast with no fuss or noise

....Driveability is everything in my opinion - Power is useless without traction etc. You are to be applauded for making driveability such a priority  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Makes me wish I had a K04 car and still had plenty of money!

....JKM's Dyno-Dynamics is the rollers which has the reputation for low figures (personally I view them as realistic). We all know what a lottery rollers can be. It's a long way down south to JKM in Portsmouth though our friend John Hurdy has done it (of course!!), but you would be particularly welcome at our next Dyno-Day:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.0.html

^ If there's even the faintest chance of you coming I better list you provisionally now because it's filling up fast and has a max of 30 runners.  :happy2:

I'd say Judging by the figures of air intake mass were seeing with the Loba were on the button power wise. I suppose the math can't really lie
The Maha runs around middle ground for reading power & torque, I am aware of this
My Dyno sofware Guy (Rudi@TAT Dynosystems in Germany) has spent lots of time fine tuning the software so the Graph replicates how the car drives real world road conditions, ask anyone who's used it and that's exactly what they say about the graphs
I could quite easily have Rudi recal the software to read lower but I think the figures are spot on going on the stock cars we run on it
I think Hurdy ran 228 on JKM's without the meth & the Plasma's (and a few other tweaks we've done recently) he ran 255 on mine last Saturday but similar torque on both rollers
So under 10% out on JKM's but not taking into account he now has more power with the WMI & Plasma's, this could be as low as 5% compared to JKM's?
The Loba should still be well into 400's on the DD roller set   :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:43:38 am by Statller-Stevo »