Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 202313 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »

Si you are a bully !! :laugh:
Let us run the car at Marham to see how it goes with a correct tune first, are you coming? you now have Hurdys crown to take away remember

By the looks of it my 195mph standing mile car would prob only read 500hp on JKM's heartbreaker hah! :laugh:

500hp if your lucky  :wink:

In all honesty i think its a good idea.  I said it to Si, if he wants to shut up all the doubters fo good, then JKMs rollers is the way to do it.

Many say their rollers are very very accurate, others say they read too low.  But NO ONE ever says it reads high!!!

You make 400hp+ on those rollers on a rolling road day with other K04 cars to compare against, bearing in mind Stage 2+ REVO cars with all the bolt on mods make 330hp max, and there will be no doubting the turbo any more.  

By the way all this talking about flanges is getting me excited   :love:

Everyone loves a bit of flange  :popcornsoda:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2012, 01:02:15 pm »

In all honesty i think its a good idea.  I said it to Si, if he wants to shut up all the doubters fo good, then JKMs rollers is the way to do it.

Many say their rollers are very very accurate, others say they read too low.  But NO ONE ever says it reads high!!!

You make 400hp+ on those rollers on a rolling road day with other K04 cars to compare against, bearing in mind Stage 2+ REVO cars with all the bolt on mods make 330hp max, and there will be no doubting the turbo any more.  

....There's currently just 2 places left on the next JKM Dyno-Day:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.0.html

But perhaps 27th October is too soon. The next is unlikely before next February at the earliest.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:40 pm »
Hi Graeme hope your well mate!  :wink:

I will do it eventually I promise just for the laugh but can't do it now as were just too busy at work
I have the RS build to start soon and the sprint car,  Id like to run them both at Marham along with the LOBA Car & 997t

Yep better be dry at the 30-130 next year!! even our 4wd car struggled to put it down last year

Are back for Marham Si you running yours down there?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #528 on: October 02, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »
Yeah the two 996's were spinning up to.

Seeing as you have gone to the next level or two now we had better bring something quicker along ourselves next year to give you some competition!

Tbh though I think if it was dry all 3 Porsches would have cracked 200mph and did 9 sec 30-130's as they where.

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: October 02, 2012, 01:50:07 pm »
Yeah the two 996's were spinning up to.

Seeing as you have gone to the next level or two now we had better bring something quicker along ourselves next year to give you some competition!

Tbh though I think if it was dry all 3 Porsches would have cracked 200mph and did 9 sec 30-130's as they where.

Yaz and the other mad chap who was driving his 996TT were a good laugh I hope he goes next year!
are you going Pov?
We should have just a little more than we had at Vmax 200 with the larger VTG housings, Todds made me another tune a little leaner with more ignition at the top end but right now were on the 7250 limiter after 1.3 miles so need longer gearing
I know there's still a lot faster cars out there than mine but I do love running the standing mile and V max events now it really is addictive, I'd eventually love to build the 997 into a true 1000WHP car but even then there's always someone faster and madder   :stupid:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #530 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »
Yeah we will all be there again next year. Two of the TTRS didn't run last year due to last minute breakdowns :(

Next year I anticipate the tt's running around the same time as the 996 turbos whilst we should have a GTR along with us that should give you a run for your money.

What MPH did she top out at? I watched one of the vids from your 997 with the new mods and it just looked mental. Crazy you can hit the limiter in such a short distance.

I have to agree, these 30-130/v-max style events are my favourite.

1000whp, are you trying to take off lol  :signLOL:

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #531 on: October 02, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »
Well you know what its like we always want more more more!!    :party:

We see 205-206 GPS on the limiter at 7250rpms

It will pull the limiter quite easy but we know its stretching the rods a bit at those constant revs so we'll have to pull it and build it soon, I have the parts to do it now but I suppose it'll end up 4.0 with two 35's strapped to it in the end
The problem is stopping from say 220 at Marham / Brunters, I would imagine it could be a real Poo panter but fun!!  :laugh:
I'll tell you now and you'll understand what I mean by this even a true 650-700whp car makes the Loba golf look like a 1.0 Corsa!

Remember though 1000whp is around 1mpg on 800cc injectors so you use over a gallon per run  :signLOL:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #532 on: October 02, 2012, 03:23:39 pm »
Remember though 1000whp is around 1mpg on 800cc injectors so you use over a gallon per run  :signLOL:
[/quote] :scared:  :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #533 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:20 pm »

Are back for Marham Si you running yours down there?

When is it?  Id like to run it, im back in the UK in November, but im away with work alot, so its not something i can book in advance. 

What was Johns target?  We'll be practically like for like for mods when it comes to it, the only differing thing will be software, so it will be interesting.  Ill get my excuse it, the Polo is lighter and more aerodynamic....... :innocent:

Id like to top the 1/4 mile board we have but need a 13.4 to do that, so its n o easy challenge,unless i completely strip the car out like that guy did.  once i have a decent time, i wont be doing any more then.  Makes me cringe everytiome i launch the car  :sick:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:40:24 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #534 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:45 pm »
What was Johns target?  We'll be practically like for like for mods when it comes to it, the only differing thing will be software, so it will be interesting.  Ill get my excuse it, the Polo is lighter and more aerodynamic....... :innocent:

Id like to top the 1/4 mile board we have but need a 13.4 to do that, so its n o easy challenge,unless i completely strip the car out like that guy did.  once i have a decent time, i wont be doing any more then.  Makes me cringe everytiome i launch the car  :sick:
At Marham I wanted over 140mph and under 25 seconds and ended up with 143mph and 24 seconds for 30-130.

Remember it is uphill and was wet with a headwind, not good combos for a lightweight fwd car. :sad1:

Hopefully I will be there next year too with at least stage2+ and wmi and most likely with the Loba L04xx strapped on too :party:
Golf R gone.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »
Thanks Keith
I suppose we all have our little problems when things are pushed so far up the envelope even with the right equipment things can always go wrong once or twice but as you know that's what tunings about getting it perfect in the end then passing on a great product and seen as your working for a long established company I would imagine you've had lots of practice so no doubt you should be good

I'm not saying the Lobas perfect or for everyone or any other turbo on sale, its just another option to consider for the environment its inteded for surely we've got to give new products a chance before we dismiss them

Not trying to discredit the BT setups I like them and need to use them for some other projects but personally for I don't like them in a road car not when a modern diesel can catch you out so easy in this day and age
I'll prob be running GTX's on the 997 in the end as I don't use it too much on the road I suppose its the only way to achieve the performance I'm wanting from that particular one as we get ever hungry for more speed

I think it would be good for APR to bring along some cars to Marham or Vmax at some point, I'd genuinely (and I don't mean that patronisingly at all) like to see them run the high speed events not just 1/4 miles everyone knows I love these events and I do give credit where its due its a good event for the kind of expert tuning your talking about, I've seen a few APR cars run before but maybe they weren't set up quite right

By the way thanks for offer of help I'll let you know if we need any, its always good to have an expert on hand, I suppose if we all tried to plz everyone 100% of the time then we'd all die trying

The main ignition problem was due to the Plasma coils recovering too fast, so the ignition had to be retarded a little to stop the car trying to compensate so much                                   

Back onto topic I'll post the EGT's from the Loba on here when the kits is fitted

Like I asked before anything new and exciting going off down at APR?

Thanks for the reply.

I have yet do any of the 30-130 events, I do a lot with a pbox, lol so it should be good for us to go.

The most immediately exciting project we have right now is our Golf R.  We are OEM injectors and OEM DSG software and making 420bhp which is achieving 8.6 second 100-200km/h.

Next is a supercharged V8 R8 and finishing up the TTRS' we have with new manifolds and turbos.  Going to an external gate and GTX3076 after making ~600bhp on the GTX3071.

Cheers!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #536 on: October 03, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »
Next is a supercharged V8 R8 and finishing up the TTRS' we have with new manifolds and turbos.  Going to an external gate and GTX3076 after making ~600bhp on the GTX3071.

Cheers!

no mention of the 1.4 white peril.  Im upset  :grin:

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #537 on: October 03, 2012, 03:22:34 pm »

Cheers!

Its too much of a beast to mention.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #538 on: October 03, 2012, 03:26:51 pm »

Sends the Grannies weak at the knees  :scared:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: October 03, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »

Cheers!

Its too much of a beast to mention.

haha!  Yeah sorry Simon!  We are also refining the 1.4 TSI hybrid turbo software with the addition of water methanol and an over boost fix.  :driver: