Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 202300 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #555 on: October 03, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »
Next is a supercharged V8 R8 and finishing up the TTRS' we have with new manifolds and turbos.  Going to an external gate and GTX3076 after making ~600bhp on the GTX3071.

Cheers!

no mention of the 1.4 white peril.  Im upset  :grin:

Its too much of a beast to mention.

haha!  Yeah sorry Simon!  We are also refining the 1.4 TSI hybrid turbo software with the addition of water methanol and an over boost fix.  :driver:

You mentioned that you thought the idea of hybrid turbo's ended in the early 2000's, yet you are working on a hybrid for the 1,4 TSI?  :wink:  :innocent:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: October 03, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »
I sort of make that 0-124mph in 12 seconds using my "man maths" :jumping:

0-100mph in 7.8 seconds is VERY fast! :surprised:

Is this stock rods and pistons too Keith? Uprated in-tank pump?

Stock fueling, stock internals.  :happy2:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »
Keith is that on the std golf R cooler, or is it the APR kit?

Intercooler?  APR, its part of a Stage III kit and sold separately.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #558 on: October 03, 2012, 04:31:06 pm »
Hmm, 0-60 in 3.3 and 0-100 in 7.8 is very very nice performance indeed. Does your Golf R have the aftermarket Haldex switch, Keith?

yeah, he has the Haldex kit fitted.  :driver:

Except annoyingly, I can never remember which way on the dial is "race".  So, I never know which times are with it in race mode and which are not.  I just turn the dial randomly before a run.  I should be better than that.   :sad1:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »
Next is a supercharged V8 R8 and finishing up the TTRS' we have with new manifolds and turbos.  Going to an external gate and GTX3076 after making ~600bhp on the GTX3071.

Cheers!

no mention of the 1.4 white peril.  Im upset  :grin:

Its too much of a beast to mention.

haha!  Yeah sorry Simon!  We are also refining the 1.4 TSI hybrid turbo software with the addition of water methanol and an over boost fix.  :driver:

You mentioned that you thought the idea of hybrid turbo's ended in the early 2000's, yet you are working on a hybrid for the 1,4 TSI?  :wink:  :innocent:

Yeah.  I gave them an honest go when they first came to my radar screen.  I am in a contract with the manufacturer and the client to complete the project and provide a report on our findings so the project is still going and will be to completion.  However, I doubt we will sell this product ourselves or make the calibration available to others.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #560 on: October 03, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »
Hmm, 0-60 in 3.3 and 0-100 in 7.8 is very very nice performance indeed. Does your Golf R have the aftermarket Haldex switch, Keith?

Except annoyingly, I can never remember which way on the dial is "race".  So, I never know which times are with it in race mode and which are not.  I just turn the dial randomly before a run.  I should be better than that.   :sad1:

I got the remote with mine, so the button tells me and I just press  :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #561 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

Even more impressive. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #562 on: October 03, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »

All the way to the right iirc.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #563 on: October 03, 2012, 04:44:02 pm »

yeah, he has the Haldex kit fitted.  :driver:

Except annoyingly, I can never remember which way on the dial is "race".  So, I never know which times are with it in race mode and which are not.  I just turn the dial randomly before a run.  I should be better than that.   :sad1:

.... :surprised: I would expect you would feel the difference in handling when going through roundabouts and twisties. 'Race' setting (#3 on the Mk5 .:R, IIRC) being the more satisfying.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: October 03, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

Even more impressive. :happy2:

and I should clarify, APR HPFP and R8 FPLV are fitted as those are fueling components.  But the injectors and low side fuel pressure system is completely standard.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: October 03, 2012, 04:54:52 pm »

I got the remote with mine, so the button tells me and I just press  :grin:

I ordered the damn remote with mine but got the switch.  Took the refund in difference of price instead of having them ship the right product.  Kicking myself now.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: October 03, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »

All the way to the right iirc.

Thank you!  I've been going in between all the way to the right and all the way to the left.  Don't know that it makes much of a difference in straight line but now that I can launch at whatever RPM I want, it should!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #567 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »

Except annoyingly, I can never remember which way on the dial is "race".  So, I never know which times are with it in race mode and which are not.  I just turn the dial randomly before a run.  I should be better than that.   :sad1:

I got the remote with mine, so the button tells me and I just press  :grin:

I ordered the damn remote with mine but got the switch.  Took the refund in difference of price instead of having them ship the right product.  Kicking myself now.

....Just leave it in 'Race'  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

yeah, he has the Haldex kit fitted.  :driver:

.... :surprised: I would expect you would feel the difference in handling when going through roundabouts and twisties. 'Race' setting (#3 on the Mk5 .:R, IIRC) being the more satisfying.

Yeah, when I knew what the correct position was and I was on track or trying in roundabouts it was extremely noticeable.  Last couple of months have been all straight line stuff or I've been data logging and then not driving hard because before the DSG issues were resolved, it wasn't very fun.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #569 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:56 pm »
Hey Keith, give us all a laugh, fgo on=ut and do some performance runs in 4wd mode, then do them again with the haldex fuse removed  :grin: :grin:

Place bets on the difference  :party: