Make a donation

Author Topic: LC_15 homegrown Mk2 Leon Cupra APR stage 2, White Rocker cover.  (Read 2639 times)

Offline LC_15

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
So thought i would put one of these up as i come on here a bit and know a few people.

So i bought this in january and has already gone through a bit of change.

Here are some pics:

Then Changed sidelight bulbs:

Comparison.

Before:

After:

Random Pic:

Fitted my H and R lowering springs.

Rears - Peace of piss 30 mins

Fronts well what an arse lots of swearing and pulling shoving and twisting and sore knees later its on eventually.

So my opinion, great fitment easy to fit once shock is off. handling not sure yet as was pissing down with rain on way home and got cheap ass front tyres on. will update as soon as.

Sitting a little high but they will settle

Before:

After:

[/QUOTE]

took delivery of one Downpipe, One 15 metre roll of Coolit Heatwrap and one set of Heatwrap snap straps.

Took a little bit of time and wish i would have put gloves on as my hands itch now.

attended GTI international

And also being APR stage 1 and having a downpipe i will also be getting APR stage 2 Remap at GTI inters i shall be doing one run down the strip on stage 1 and then another with the Stage 2.

On another note, i wrapped the grille and Seat badge in gloss black. pics below:

After looking at some cheap, but beneficial mods I decided on this, A Rocker Cover paint job.

I think the bare engine itself looks brilliant, so i decided on a White cover.

Also Carbon wrapped the top of the Coils.

here are the pics below:

So inline with getting the leon ready for GTI inters, i changed thecam follower (needed it badly)

As you can se mine had warn down quite a lot, dont think this has ever been changed.

Then i put in my new OEM Floor mats:

And then gave the car a good clean wash and polish sealed etc, mini wash for GTI inters.

Also got my exhaust fitted and then changed the tip today. today as i started to really dislike the look of it, OEM Freshness:

before:

After:

So thats so far, Fitting my Decat  Downpipe tomorrow. and Stage 2 on sunday whilst at GTI Inters.

So saturday i went to fit my Downpipe at a mates garage.

Pics:

As you can see clearance is not an issue, mind you after a quick blast down the road made the heatwrap smoke like mad, but smellt really nice.

after that it was down to GTI Inters for a fun day of mud, 1/4 mile sprints, big powered cars and STAGE 2 APR MAP.... Oh yeah.

done 4 sprints, first was crap  span into 4th, second - got grip was decent time, 3rd was against a V12 Q7 caught up with it towards the end.

Last run came up against a R8 V10, hmmm no chance i thought. well I beat it....... because his clutch apparently went.

Pics:

So thats as far as i got ATM, done a Couple of runs at santa pod today and got 13.99, 106 mph Terminal, want to get this down quite a bit over time.

Anyway enjoy.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: LC_15 homegrown Mk2 Leon Cupra APR stage 2, White Rocker cover.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:16:28 pm »
liking the mods so far--the audi is a member or here called Rich but he hasn't been on here for a while

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »
Welcome, looks great so far, certainly did well at Inters. Sure Rich and his R8 were not happy  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline LC_15

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:26:50 pm »
Cheers guys, yeah i heard, poverty knows him i think.

also next mod is a custom FMIC like the Twintercooler, but i am getting the Core custom made, and the hoses i have found a supplier for so will get those fit them, measure the distances, then get the core made up, as i really want it close to my front grillle.

then will be saving for clutch, Fuel pump.

but little mods will be hopefully a Carbon front splitter, Dogbone mount bush upgrade, Walk kit, and some other little bits and bobs.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:34 pm »
Rich old car was faster lol.

I want another K1 looking at yours :(

Offline LC_15

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:26 pm »
Really, Pov you have a TTRS which is now being re-built to be silly fast.

But they are really good fun must admit.

Need to get my times down now, just need to sort out the engine bits to keep it sturdy whilst going down the 1/4 mile.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »
Really, Pov you have a TTRS which is now being re-built to be silly fast.

But they are really good fun must admit.

Need to get my times down now, just need to sort out the engine bits to keep it sturdy whilst going down the 1/4 mile.

Love the way the 2.0TFSI delivers its power and the fun factor!

I want both tbh lol.

Jonnyc is planning a pod meet in august, maybe a few of us should all pop down, Keith will probably come along too!

Offline LC_15

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:34 am »
Yeah sounds like a good idea Pov, and you must have a good job to be honest.

Mine sucks, plus i am only 21 ha ha