Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS LM Reps & NQBBK  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
BBS LM Reps & NQBBK
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »
Hi i have a set of 19" BBS LM Reps 8.5" et45 i've just had a call fro the garage saying they wont fit  :confused: does any else have this combo? If so what size spacer do i need to get?

Can anyone help?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
Re: BBS LM Reps & NQBBK
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:27:04 pm »
You need et32-et30 to make the wheels spin but that doesn't mean they'll be under the arches!

The calipers are so chunky and lm's are so flat spoked they just don't fit without spacers
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:44:13 pm »
that makes no sense

my NQS fits behind  my 8J ET44 wheels with at least 10mm to spare. your wheels will be spaced out a further 5mm over mine?

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 06:54:30 pm »
Coming from someone who put a lm rep off eBay ( from sorted, same wheels as keano) over my 986 NQSBBK and it needed 10mm of spacer before the wheel ( 18x8 et42) would turn. Making the wheel by my calculation ET32?

Spoke design plays a big part in them fitting, lm spokes are very flat

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »
Mine are 8.5 wide if that makes any difference? I also have the TT wishbones fitted - would these make any difference?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »
Rim width doesn't really matter as far as clearing the brakes but there wider than the ones I tried on so once you have the ET sorted out via spacer you have another 0.5 inch of wheel to try get/keep under your arch to stop rubbing on body parts.

Dont tt wisbones widen the track over gti items anyway? So you've started to push the wheel closer to the arch anyway?

Sounds like you have some working out to do to get them to fit

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 03:35:03 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys, found out the wheels are actually ET35 not ET45 as described on ebay  :fighting: :fighting:  Going to try and get them returned and buy the correct size  :ashamed:

Dsg steel

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »
I've tried the 996 brake kit on my bbs lm and they won't fit at all.

Mine are 8.5 et42

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »
Looks like a 10mm spacer is definetly needed on the front then   :surprised: anybody got good recomendations on where to get such (decent) spacers??  :driver:

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 03:48:24 pm »
Try a 5mm spacer with your et35 wheel before sending them back. Just get a cheap 5mm spacer off eBay and see if that clears them

I tried a et35 with a 5mm spacer and they cleared. Beware tho my wheel had no tyre on and wasn't rested on floor so they might not have been under the arch but defo cleared the brakes

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:58 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys, found out the wheels are actually ET35 not ET45 as described on ebay  :fighting: :fighting:  Going to try and get them returned and buy the correct size  :ashamed:

Hey, BBS LM (style) alloys will struggle to fit BBK's or even the NQSBBK. It's all to do with the 'behind the spoke clearance'. Because the LM's have a good bit dish/front lip then they are gonna have less clearance behind the spokes as the spokes are set much further back into the wheel. So if you have a high offset wheel (further into the arch i.e. ET45ish) and good spoke shape (Team Dynamics Pro 1.2's, etc) you will be able to fit the NQSBBK. On the flipside of that, if you have wheels with the spoke design set far into the wheel then even if you have ET35 or less wheels then you are gonna struggle to get them over a NQSBBK.

A friend of mine had 17" Calibre Vintage Wheel on his Fabia vRS 130 and they were incredibly close to touching the standard 288mm puny brakes. Not great when it was running 230 bhp on a hybrid turbo!  :driver:

With the 9" wide wheels you are gonna struggle fitting them at the front anyway. You need a low offset to clear the damper strut but anything less than ET42-45 you;re gonna have problems with yout arches even with stretched skinny tyres.  :stupid: Having TT lower arms you may as well forget any chance of fitting 9" wide LM's and a NQSBBK.  :sad1:

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »
does NQSBBK fit over r32 18'' omanyts?

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys, found out the wheels are actually ET35 not ET45 as described on ebay  :fighting: :fighting:  Going to try and get them returned and buy the correct size  :ashamed:

Hey, BBS LM (style) alloys will struggle to fit BBK's or even the NQSBBK. It's all to do with the 'behind the spoke clearance'. Because the LM's have a good bit dish/front lip then they are gonna have less clearance behind the spokes as the spokes are set much further back into the wheel. So if you have a high offset wheel (further into the arch i.e. ET45ish) and good spoke shape (Team Dynamics Pro 1.2's, etc) you will be able to fit the NQSBBK. On the flipside of that, if you have wheels with the spoke design set far into the wheel then even if you have ET35 or less wheels then you are gonna struggle to get them over a NQSBBK.

A friend of mine had 17" Calibre Vintage Wheel on his Fabia vRS 130 and they were incredibly close to touching the standard 288mm puny brakes. Not great when it was running 230 bhp on a hybrid turbo!  :driver:

With the 9" wide wheels you are gonna struggle fitting them at the front anyway. You need a low offset to clear the damper strut but anything less than ET42-45 you;re gonna have problems with yout arches even with stretched skinny tyres.  :stupid: Having TT lower arms you may as well forget any chance of fitting 9" wide LM's and a NQSBBK.  :sad1:

Hi M8 thanks for the info, i have 8.5" on front and 9.5" on rear should of been ET45 but are ET35, i may just get 8.5" ET 45 all round but really wanted the wider rears if i can get them on   :evilgrin: :confused:

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »
Guys, it all has to do with the individual rims and inner rim clearance. It all depends on how each wheel looks on the inside:

So, when you buy a rim to fit over a BBK (even if it it the NQSBBK) it all comes down to that particular rim. Even if there are similar rims with similar offsets and widths that particular wheel may or may not fit over the BBK.
My advice is to check BEFORE buying the rim (I made one such mistake and had to but spacers)...

About spacers, using non hubcentric spacers you might get some vibration at high speeds. I used hubcentric spacers and had no issues even on the track.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:09:24 pm by rex »

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 05:54:45 pm »
Like Rex has shown in the circled area, this is where the caliper will sit and on the lm's this area is very flat and because of the lip on the outside of the rim this area sits further in towards the caliper.

Like explained every wheel design is different, ET and rim width only play so much of a part in the wheel fitting