Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie - Mk5 GTi - Updated new pics.. 14/07/12  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
Re: Newbie - Mk5 GTi
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »
Welcome, if you want upgrade audio but OEM, look at RCD510 or RNS510 nav unit  :happy2:

Yeah been searching and reading, how ill I know whether I will need CANBUS update etc if I wanted to upgrade?

Being a 55 plate you will need a new CANBUS. Easiest way to check what version you have is with a VCDS scan.

Ah cool one of the Dubscene guys has VAGCOM will get him to check it - If i go for RCD510 can I get away with the CANBUS I have?

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Newbie - Mk5 GTi
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:24 am »
Welcome, if you want upgrade audio but OEM, look at RCD510 or RNS510 nav unit  :happy2:

Yeah been searching and reading, how ill I know whether I will need CANBUS update etc if I wanted to upgrade?

Being a 55 plate you will need a new CANBUS. Easiest way to check what version you have is with a VCDS scan.

Not necessarily. I have a 55 plate and upgraded to an rcd510 without changing the canbus. Have left the car for two weeks without any drain - so whilst normally you are supposed to need one you may not  :smiley:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
Re: Newbie - Mk5 GTi - Updated new pics.. 14/07/12
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 04:19:21 pm »
Finally got a chance to clean her - Dont know if it was a good things as found a few car park dings already!!

Anyway here she is....

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Newbie - Mk5 GTi - Updated new pics.. 14/07/12
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »
^^^^
The Interlagos cloth looks great with Steel Grey and relieves all the greyness if it was leather (IMO).

As others will confirm, the Interlagos cloth is tough and very practical. Mine has done 100k miles and doesn't look worn.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!