Make a donation

Author Topic: will a twintake from a 2.0tsi mk6/scirroco fit the mk5?  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: will a twintake from a 2.0tsi mk6/scirroco fit the mk5?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 11:19:00 am »
....Hmm, an interesting comment, Ian.

So what is an example of a 2.0T FSI engine bay which you find attractive aesthetically?

Surely not that interesting Robin.  :confused:

I don't find any of the 2.0 TFSI engine bays attractive they are a necessary evil. The OEM one looks good though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:05 pm »
@ sub39h:

That engine cover is beautiful!  :drool: - It wouldn't fit my AXX engine though.

... why not? i nearly got one for my AXX

....Sorry, I assumed it wouldn't fit. Those must be false coilpack covers in carbon in the front then. I wouldn't want an Audi badge on my Volkswagen though. It would look lush on my red GTI. OSIR are always expensive unfortunately.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »
it's an OEM TT-S engine cover, with OSIR carbon adornments. pic for reference:

The cover itself is less than £70 from Audi, and you need to change your mounting pegs which i believe are another £10 (together, not each) or so

the Audi rings are clipped in so will detach - in fact the top bit also says "TFSI" on it, which OSIR seem to have removed

you can wrap the carbon bits instead of getting the OSIR ones

(you're not the only one who can plant evil thoughts in other members' heads :evilgrin:)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:20:58 pm by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
it's an OEM TT-S engine cover, with OSIR carbon adornments. pic for reference:

The cover itself is less than £70 from Audi, and you need to change your mounting pegs which i believe are another £10 (together, not each) or so

the Audi rings are clipped in so will detach - in fact the top bit also says "TFSI" on it, which OSIR seem to have removed

you can wrap the carbon bits instead of getting the OSIR ones

(you're not the only one who can plant evil thoughts in other members' heads :evilgrin:)

got a part number / numbers?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:03 pm »
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/152839-tts-engine-cover.html

to get the £70 price call Stoke Audi and say you're an ASN member
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 12:36:37 pm »

^^^^

Fortunately, I like mine enough not to change it. Besides, it's custom made and also real carbon.

The Audi one you have posted is an excellent solution to the OEM engine cover which looks more like a kitchen appliance with a cheap imitation silver strip. (IMO)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:38:24 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 08:03:30 am »
The Audi one you have posted is an excellent solution to the OEM engine cover which looks more like a kitchen appliance with a cheap imitation silver strip. (IMO)

the Audi and Seat ones are better imho: