Make a donation

Author Topic: My recentish trip to Spain  (Read 3031 times)

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
My recentish trip to Spain
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:15:04 am »
Hope ya enjoy, the trip was great!

Went to Ronda where I have a flat and Malaga. I suggest those who have not checked Spain out (and those who have,  do not mean in an 18-30s style holiday hahah) should!

Easter Procession:

Easter Ceremony- Malaga by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Bridge into Ronda:

Bridge into Ronda by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Hotel view, near Malaga:

Sunset Beach Club Spain: sunset view by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

View in the day:

View from my balcony by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Random Parrot chillin':

Parrot chillin by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Malaga City Hall:

Malaga City Hall, Spain by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Malaga Harbor:

Malaga Harbor by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

Ronda Orange Trees:

Orange trees on street by Keeping it Neil, on Flickr

-Neil
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports
"Keeping it Neil"- Photography

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: My recentish trip to Spain
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:02:37 am »
^^^^
Great photos which capture the rich colour of Spain.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

About 30 years ago I was invited to do a job in Marbella which was meant to only take a week or so but they asked me to stay which I did for about 4 months. Actual work was never longer than about 4 hours a day! The clients were super wealthy and had homes all over the place including a horses property close to Ronda. I nearly had a bad accident on a horse there but managed to stay in the saddle.

I met some very interesting people out there too, from an Argentinian hippy couple (in a green VW Camper) to Duchesses and Sean Connery (James Bond actor). Going on the beach at the ultra exclusive Marbella Club while on LSD was something of a laugh! I haven't touched any kind of drugs or alcohol for the last 20 years.

Thanks for sharing some great pics.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25:50 am »
^^^^
 I haven't touched any kind of drugs or alcohol for the last 20 years.

Still in denial Robin................... :innocent:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »
^^^^
Great photos which capture the rich colour of Spain.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

About 30 years ago I was invited to do a job in Marbella which was meant to only take a week or so but they asked me to stay which I did for about 4 months. Actual work was never longer than about 4 hours a day! The clients were super wealthy and had homes all over the place including a horses property close to Ronda. I nearly had a bad accident on a horse there but managed to stay in the saddle.

I met some very interesting people out there too, from an Argentinian hippy couple (in a green VW Camper) to Duchesses and Sean Connery (James Bond actor). Going on the beach at the ultra exclusive Marbella Club while on LSD was something of a laugh! I haven't touched any kind of drugs or alcohol for the last 20 years.

I lol'd at your drug and alcohol reminiscence hhahahahahah
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »
^^^^
Perhaps it's not because I'm 65yo that I have to ask you what day is it today?  :grin: No regrets though! I'd still enjoy it all now but my lifestyle is different. Jack Daniels and a joint.

Going back to your pics, I particularly enjoyed that one of a Green Wing Macaw. I used to keep a couple of Blue & Yellow's free flight. Amazing birds in so many respects and I have looked after and handled many Green Wings which, although much bigger, are especially gentle (unless they are mistreated of course). The large Macaws are extremely adaptable.

Did you have any contact/feeding with that Green Wing?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:32:50 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
^^^^
Perhaps it's not because I'm 65yo that I have to ask you what day is it today?  :grin: No regrets though! I'd still enjoy it all now but my lifestyle is different. Jack Daniels and a joint.

Going back to your pics, I particularly enjoyed that one of a Green Wing Macaw. I used to keep a couple of Blue & Yellow's free flight. Amazing birds in so many respects and I have looked after and handled many Green Wings which, although much bigger, are especially gentle (unless they are mistreated of course). The large Macaws are extremely adaptable.

Did you have any contact/feeding with that Green Wing?

Epic JD and joint response and picture haha man your making my day of writing a dissertation that much better haha. I did not feed the thing...I just kinda, looked at it, and turned to my gf and said "look, a bird" haha. Im not a bird guy myself, they are cool but I don't know much about them! The fact that it was sitting on the barrel just relaxing made me laugh though, and I thought man what a good snap this would be.  They are pretty wicked looking birds.
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

Epic JD and joint response and picture haha man your making my day of writing a dissertation that much better haha. I did not feed the thing...I just kinda, looked at it, and turned to my gf and said "look, a bird" haha. Im not a bird guy myself, they are cool but I don't know much about them! The fact that it was sitting on the barrel just relaxing made me laugh though, and I thought man what a good snap this would be.  They are pretty wicked looking birds.

....Knowing Macaw parrots as I do (and doubtless being still under the influence of naughty substances I last took over 20 years ago), I am sure that the birdy looked at you and thought: "Look, a human... and there's his missus".

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »
Those Catholic ceremonies are pretty scary when they mask up like that. Great photo, great composition - A strong shot  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »
Your right, in the day, the ceremonies are no that eerie. But at night, they send a chill or two. Had a lot of friends ask me if they were KKK members.....I told those friends that they are idiots (but I see where they are coming from haha, not their fault they have never left the UK and experienced culture)
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »
^^^^
You are so right about experiencing other and very different cultures  :happy2:

I'm mixed blood and have lived abroad anyway and I have been very lucky and very privileged in my travels. Experiencing other cultures (even without travelling) breeds nothing but tolerance and respect and that is what helps to bring peace amongst us.

I have made sure that my daughter (recently 21yo) has travelled as much as possible. In the last 18 months she has been to New York, Poland, Paris twice, Milan, and is off to Italy in August. I have taken her to visit my Native American friends across the pond and on road trips with me in the GTI (I'm happily divorced).

Hope you don't mind me posting a couple of our travel pics (not in Spain though) in your thread - I'll remove them if you prefer:

^ Lake Garda, Italy.

^ Somewhere in Europe! We had no set itinery or date for our return - We took each day as it came.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:59:40 pm by RedRobin »

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »
Not a problem mate, post away!

I am 25, and moved to the UK from Canada at 21 all by my lonesome to study (and play icehockey ahha) so I understand your feelings towards the importance of traveling. I have alos been too many places to count, rather it be over seas for car shows (especially now that I shoot for stanceiseverything.com), with friends, or my gf (we have been all around the world it seems) to relax with her and work on my photography!

I checked out your fb page for your music.....so hearing your Native American comment made me wonder (cause that music you play whilst really nice to listen too, sounded as Native as it gets haha) Very cool though.

In fact, I go to Cyprus in a week.....This paper I am writing made me forgot about that. Win.
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports

Offline jamadz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »
amazing photos, ive just come back from spending a year in spain, amazing place.  so glad i put the standard suspension on for over there lol