Make a donation

Author Topic: spring fitting  (Read 2187 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: spring fitting
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »
Subcribed!
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline dmcnewbury

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »
I was quoted £100 cash by a local garage but would have had to get the 4 wheel alignment done after (around £30) but in the end a good mate offered to do it...  The fronts weren't completely straight forward as it took a while to get the bottom of the shock out of the hub but the rears took about 10 mins per side (if that)!

My rears were miles out once it was lowered though so make sure you get a proper 4-wheel alignment done (not just a tracking adjustment at your tyre centre)!

Offline mrbubba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 10:35:14 am »
I paid a fellow forum member and will be doing a write up for him tomurro but thanks everone who chipped in  :drinking:

Did you ever do that write up?  Just been quoted £260 by my local garage (4hrs labour +VAT)

Mines a Seat Leon Cupra 2008, but I believe the fitting guide is the same??
MK2 Leon Cupra

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »
I paid a fellow forum member and will be doing a write up for him tomurro but thanks everone who chipped in  :drinking:

Did you ever do that write up?  Just been quoted £260 by my local garage (4hrs labour +VAT)

Mines a Seat Leon Cupra 2008, but I believe the fitting guide is the same??

£65 an hour labour!
I feel bad paying £50 an hour

£80 for fitting from GNJ is an absolute bargin, I wish there were garages like that up here