Make a donation

Author Topic: know it all mechanics rant  (Read 3002 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
know it all mechanics rant
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
Why is it one tuning company has to "put down" or "diss" another?? Calling another company "S**t" or not "as thorough" IMO is plain bad customer service.

If i just said i had some work done at place A and you immediately tell me their work is sub standard, it likes your having a crack at me! after all i did pay!

Tell me that forums are not a good place for information and just because 10 other people had the same symptoms that doesn't mean that my car has that issue? Yet every issue i have had has been resolve by a forum member or by a experience of another member. I.E, i had a error come up and my car died on a journey so i wack it in the forum and 2 people found it was the IC pipe, i tell them this and being told that wont be the issue and i should give them £100 for some branded pipe! got home and guess what 5mins under the car i forgot to put the seal on one of my boost pipes for the IC problem solved.

But the bit that really drives me mad is that due to issues like this i have to make 3hour trips to garages that don't talk to you like fitting things yourself is wrong and forums are the devil. Being able to air your opinion, laugh at a upside-down exhaust and not be shot down like im some school kid.

Now im in the position where 3 hours drive isn't possible so i have to use a tuner that thinks im a moron and everything prior to them looking at the car has been wrong.

anyway rant over and i hope one day ill have gathered the tools and knowledge to do it all myself.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: know it all mechanics rant
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »
What sort of idiot would fit an exhaust upside down?

:signLOL:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
What sort of idiot would fit an exhaust upside down?

:signLOL:

An Australian...    :laugh:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »
I had a similar experience when I rang a well known tuner and said who mine was currently tuned by and they were like "who are they!" I only rang for abit of advice and to speak to someone who knows their stuff. They did say they were joking and back tracked but I just don't get it. I went on recommendation, they catered for my needs and I felt I got a good service so have no issues with them.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »
For me if someone is selling or promoting a product then by all means promote that product but to be dissing anothers product is wrong.

Tell me how good yours is but don't slate someone else's. At the end of the day if it's good enough then it will prevail.  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
I don't think professionalism in the tuning world is too common. There is a lot of attitude to contend with. I think with increased competition it is an area that will quickly mature though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:54:28 pm »

For me if someone is selling or promoting a product then by all means promote that product but to be dissing anothers product is wrong.

Tell me how good yours is but don't slate someone else's. At the end of the day if it's good enough then it will prevail.  :happy2:

.... x 2 - I wholeheartedly agree and am put off by anyoner who does the dissing unless it's backed up with evidence, then it should be a friendly warning.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »
im not happy at all with the service i recieved. over charged, incorrectly advised and wasted time.  :sad1:

Whole experience is just getting me down. hate it when something isn't quite right with the car!

I feel like dropping my savings on a new car atm...that could be the alcohol talking however.

Last thing is to get the turbo inspected.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »

Tell me how good yours is but don't slate someone else's. At the end of the day if it's good enough then it will prevail:happy2:

nuff said!  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:49 am »
Great stuff so the previous "tuner" rather than just doing as I asked has now put me in an worse position than I was because in his wisdom turning down my revo settings were his way of "setting up" my car and charging me for the privilege but now requested boost does meet actual boost because it's no longer requesting a great lot. So I got ripped off and a Kick in the balls. Don't even think he bothered doing any of the stuff he said he actually did now Dispite charging me more than we agreed.

POOR service.

:sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:23:28 pm »
^^^^
It's of course entirely up to you but, for the sake of a heads-up to others, I do think that most folks here would like you to name the tuner you had this bad experience with.  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 01:09:03 pm »
Problem is everyone else regards them as good...and i don't want to be starting an argument.

All i know is i will never be going there again.

Robin, ill drop my car at JKM, fancy picking me up and dropping me in Preston  :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »
Awesome by any chance?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You