Make a donation

Poll

Which Exhaust system have you chosen for your car?

APR RSC turboback
2 (2.7%)
Milltek Turboback (Non res)
20 (27.4%)
Milltek Turboback (Res)
5 (6.8%)
BCS non valvetronic Turboback
4 (5.5%)
BCS valvetronic Turboback
4 (5.5%)
Blueflame turboback
7 (9.6%)
Downpipe only with cat
0 (0%)
Downpipe only catless
1 (1.4%)
Stock
23 (31.5%)
Other
6 (8.2%)
VWR racing Turboback
1 (1.4%)
Piperwerx turboback
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Which exhaust system do you have on your car?  (Read 6850 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Which exhaust system do you have on your car?
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:36 pm »
Well, i feel it's been a long time without a good poll. Let's get a picture of peoples choice.
Please write the reason for the chosen system and pros and cons IYO
If there is systems that needs to be added please let me know  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Which exhaust system do you have on your car?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:57:44 pm »
Fancied a change from the Miltek, wanted a Cupra style tailpipe as Miltek could only offer me a twin outlet at the time.

Had seen very positive things about BCS, from contacting with queries they were very very helpful and friendly.
Extremely happy with the end result: Leon Cupra BCS Prestige system.  The noise is much more infectious and addictive at normal driving and has a quality sporty sound to it.  Not to mention the fit and build quality!

I'm looking forward to getting a go pro camera so I can get some driving / tailpipe noise clips to see if if sounds as good front the outside as it does from the cabin.
NickB, JannerSy & Bignod00 could comment on the noise when following me  :evilgrin:

Also experienced MarkyMarks friends (also mark  :laugh:) SirroccoR who was having a BCS powervalve TBE and we were both very happy chappies! Mark was also ditching a miltek for the BCS.  Hopefully Mark will be along to comment but the Miltek fit on the Rocco was pretty shocking.  As it was on the Leon (can't comment on the Golf)

I wanted some heat proofing adding to the underside of my freshly painted valance and Dave (with a broken arm!) and Nige were more than happy to accommodate me  :notworthy:

Big recommendation for an outfit that show passion in their work and produce an awesome system.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:05:46 pm by Tfsi_Mike »

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:08:09 pm »
I also have a BCS turbo back with a de cat. I didnt even plan on buying a full system when i did, i bought TFSI Mikes de cat downpipe off him to do me until i got a system. Then when I went to pick it up from BCS (Theyre only 10 minutes from me anyway) I got talking to Dave and after leaving the downpipe i had already bought was up for sale and i was booked in for a full system.

I had heard very good things about them anyway and Dave is a proper good lad! The systems i had seen looked very good quality and it was very well priced compared to other brands so it had to be done!

At first Dave told me the exhaust wouldn't be silly loud but sound lovely on boost, this is what i wanted, he kind of made out it would be fairly sociable on boost but in reality its not! This is exactly what i wanted, off boost its literally not much louder than standard, really sociable when driving slow but then when you put your foot down it REALLY barks, sounds immense and everyone always comments on how well it sounds.  :happy2:

I love their design on the tailpipes for Mk5's too...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:23:52 pm by Shorty »
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:38:20 pm »
Any sound clips of the bcs powervalve as I'm think of getting one of these instead of the milltek res

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »
Dont have any sound clips, but get 1, the sound is apparently ORGASMIC, its the best mod ive ever got without a doubt!!

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 06:26:09 pm »
Just to throw something into the mix
I guess a lot of you are going to comment on the systems when they are on a GTI , but any views on how they perform on a TDI ?
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:55:27 pm »
I have the BCS prestige system and am still impressed at the sound and build quality. The main reason I opted for the BCS was that they did not do one for my car so my car was used for the prototype. Plus no other company offered a true 3inch turbo back exhaust for my car. I had read good things about BCS and and was confident they would build an awesome system for my car. They did and it was a bargain at the price I got it for. I would happily point anyone in their direction for an exhaust.

I had a Milltek full system on my old Fabia VRS TDi and it made a difference to the performance of the car. I opted to have the sports cat rather than a decat. It was more personal choice as some people had blown their turbos with it overspinning with no cat and Id rather my turbo stay in one piece.

Id looked at the Milltek for my TFSi but BCS just edged it for me with the quality and noise. It sounds more like a supercar than family hatchback when on boost. Plus its not that loud when off boost.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Aweful_Truth

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:58:35 pm »
first time I've modified a car for performance as well as looks so thought id go with a reputable brand with lots of good reviews and a good reputation so id have lots to read about if i had to troubleshoot and lots of people i could ask as well  :smiley: so the milltek turbo back was my 1st choice! i did how ever toy with the idea of BCS and blue flame before hand though
To Bad, So Sad, Bye Bye!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=oj68vfc3630aqj1lntjfsbtasb&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 10:04:43 pm »
Stock FTW!  :signLOL:

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »
I've got a vwr turbo back on mine  :smiley:
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 11:17:10 pm »
Coming from a straight-six BMW with a very nice exhaust note, I immediately found the stock Mk5 GTI sound to be lacking and too quiet. I believe that hearing an exhaust acts as a driving aid on every vehicle.

In 2005, Milltek were considered without rivals. I now have a custom-built TBE Milltek which has a particularly low note and sounds extremely good for a 4-pot. Milltek aftersales service is excellent.

If I had to choose an exhaust system other than Milltek, the only one which might interest me would be BCS.

When I drive a car I don't want to feel I'm in a marshmallow caccoon.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 11:19:21 pm »
pipewerx 3" tbe with sports cat

they are my local Revo dealer and Jeff and Ian used to run the legendary Dubsport back in the day.  

Had heard very mixed reviews about Milltek, some of those people expressing those views had a vested interest in dissing a competitor, others did not.

BCS/Blueflame are also local to me so spolied for choice really
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:29:35 pm »
Stock!!

Have spent the 5 months that I've owned my ED30 dithering over which system to get, was initially going straight for a Milltek but am now leaning towards a long trip up nawf to visit BCS for their TBE Powerflow system, heard nothing but positives comments.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:08 am »
Im staying with a stock exhaust too. VW got the exhaust note just right on the R32. So like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it !!!  :grin:
R32

Offline Ree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 08:03:59 am »
Im staying with a stock exhaust too. VW got the exhaust note just right on the R32. So like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it !!!  :grin:

I know exactly what you mean !

However I am now considering either changing my exhaust tipps to 4inch size to fill the holes up a bit and also doing the flapper mod.

I am also in the processor considering getting a blueflame exhausts, as they look better than stock, rev more freely and the sound is very near to stock !

Still considering tho as the standard sound track is sexy.

PS Don't like the milly sound on the R32, it loses something !