Make a donation

Author Topic: New tyre labelling system  (Read 1091 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
New tyre labelling system
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:25:23 pm »
http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/blog/UK-Tyres-Explained-228

Pirellis look pretty sexy in black :drool:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: New tyre labelling system
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:06:37 pm »
Anyone running R888's will have to take them off after 1st November as they WILL NO LONGER BE ROAD LEGAL due to this new legislation as there is not enough tread depth or meet the minimum aquaplaning requirements
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »
I was under the impression that was why they released the R1R

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »
yeah camskill said R1R still be fine - but only 88 load rating so technically could still invalidate your insurance.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:21 pm »
Anyone running R888's will have to take them off after 1st November as they WILL NO LONGER BE ROAD LEGAL due to this new legislation as there is not enough tread depth or meet the minimum aquaplaning requirements

Do you know if this applies to Yoko 048's too, as I've got these on the kit car and it's not getting much use at the minute given the p155 ING rain.

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:04:26 pm »
Trust me bernhard when I say DO NOT put any semi slicks on as if they say they will insure you which is already doubtful, then  if you have an accident or a claim of some sort trust me the slimey basxxxx will do anything to get out of covering you! This isn't just rumours, this is from first hand experience and being screwed over with AO48s on mine!

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:29:28 pm »
Well when looking at pictures of 'white' the tyres looked like 048's, so I'm sorry to hear that you got screwed in that respect.
I had subconsciously wondered why you'd gone to Supersports for 'blue'..now I know.

My toy car is somewhat more basic than yours, a Seven style kit car that runs on 048's but given these come in just over 500 kilos, and lots of the kit car fraternity run these style tyres, I was just concerned that the insurance will be invalid, it sounds like it will be. Bugger.

I don't think I'd ever run these things on my Golf though anyway, as that's more of an all weather thing for me.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39:39 pm »
Trust me bernhard when I say DO NOT put any semi slicks on as if they say they will insure you which is already doubtful, then  if you have an accident or a claim of some sort trust me the slimey basxxxx will do anything to get out of covering you! This isn't just rumours, this is from first hand experience and being screwed over with AO48s on mine!

Hmmm not good news. Means michelin need to get their act together and release the super sports. Apparently there isnt the market in our size :stupid:

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 05:20:37 pm »
I still have 2 sets of rims though bernhard, one with slicks and one with the AO48's. :happy2: