Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Courtesy Car  (Read 9893 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: VW Courtesy Car
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 03:44:21 pm »

Morality and good manners are entirely unrelated to each other.

Jesus, you don't want to wade into that discussion!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 07:26:23 pm »
My car was in today for a couple of small warranty problems. I got an 11 plate jetta TDI SE. Not charged for it, just refilled the fuel.

It's the 2/3rd time I've taken a car into caffyns Goring and I must say there customer service is excellent.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 07:34:05 am »
Most places I've been to charge £10-15 for insurance and then give you a scabby car where the needle on the fuel gauge is bending over the end stop at the empty end of its scale!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 05:21:37 pm »
Always been greatful to have a loan car during a service, it means i dont have to take time off work, so whether it be an Up, polo, golf, it gets me to work and back  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »
Always been greatful to have a loan car during a service, it means i dont have to take time off work, so whether it be an Up, polo, golf, it gets me to work and back  :happy2:

Agreed!  :happy2:

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »
Your giving the garage your service, they are taking your money and a damn lot of it as well. I would never take my car to a dealership that didn't offer a free car for me to use whilst they tallied up the impending bill!

That said I would happly use a good independent without a courtesy car. This keeps their costs down.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2012, 08:58:27 pm »

Agreed!  :happy2:

.... x 2  :happy2:

Even when it was a free Toyota Yaris - The very worst and most stressful car I have ever driven in over 40 years! They were having a joke with me though and have pretended my loaner is going to be a Yaris ever since! I can't complain - I get well looked after across the board.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »

Your giving the garage your service, they are taking your money and a damn lot of it as well. I would never take my car to a dealership that didn't offer a free car for me to use whilst they tallied up the impending bill!

That said I would happly use a good independent without a courtesy car. This keeps their costs down.

....I can't help thinking that's a contradiction. Why can a dealership afford any better to be able to loan a free car? Dealerships are also commercial businesses with financial overheads.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »

....I can't help thinking that's a contradiction. Why can a dealership afford any better to be able to loan a free car? Dealerships are also commercial businesses with financial overheads.

Dealerships have the ability to recoup cash in other areas such as selling parts oh and overpricing on the car in the first place. An independent is solely a repairer and usually only a one place org, not a network.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »
^^^^
Yes, I take your point, but personally I view every business, regardless of size, as a 'people- business' and am grateful for any assistance.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 08:35:28 pm »
I've been promised my dealers 12 plate Ed35 DSG in Candy White demo car when my GTI goes in for the wing rust!  :happy2: I had a Polo 1.2 the last time in CW , absolute base spec , wasnt too bad once I'd got used to it , and had half a tank of fuel in (which I replaced before dropping it off - oh and I even cleaned it!). I wonder if they will give me a Scirocco at any point , I'd like to know if I could open the doors of one in my single garage and get out easily , quiet fancy a Scirocco R at some point but it will be useless if I can't use my garage! (I wouldnt leave a toy car out on the street where I live)
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 12:25:01 pm »
Couple of years back, I took my 10 year old lupo for Warranty work at VW Sevenoaks and they gave me a brand new 1.4 Polo DSG  :P
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html