Make a donation

Author Topic: Black 3dr GTi  (Read 2818 times)

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Black 3dr GTi
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:31:07 pm »
Hi all, about time I made of one these so here goes.

Bought the car two years ago from Verve in Glasgow after trading in my trusty 1.2 polo.

So this is the old polo on a trip up north.

and this is the golf on the day i collected it.

Next up was good wash and mini detail then a tint on the rear windows by Pentagon Auto Tints who i have used numerous times previously always a good job.

Although i want too keen on the monzas to start i was turned by a photo of a lowered mk5 on the 18" so i found a set that were in poor nick and had them refurbed by Chameleon in Renfrew seemed to be a good job!

On the car

Then a trip to Awesome's Detailed summer bash 2011 in Manchester (seeing a MPG i was happy with)

The cars on show forced a purchase from Bart on here.

Full Turbo back Milltek with a optional decat and resonated.

Then the next of the performance mods

Neuspeed P-Flo bargain at £85 delivered on Ebay and very easy to fit.

Next up needed some more noise as i found the resonated Milltek too quite.
This was my Chirstmas from a loving and understanding girlfreind.

Milltek non res pipe and Eibach Sportlines.

Milltek was straight on and i personally love the noise now a few months passed before i could face doing the sport lines.

No during photos as i forgot but a few afters.
Fronts

Backs

New shortened drop links too

This was a god send

The Car before it fully settled

A few months happy motoring then this happened one morning

Disaster.  :sick:
Narrowed it down to a faulty ABS sensor and Steering control unit and steering angle sensor and a dangerous wheel bearing.

Took a slight tap with the hammer and the whole bearing split  :scared:

All sorted

Then off a nice run up north

Car was amazing on the roads up there new Verdestine Tires were a brilliant purchase imo.  :driver:

Decided the brakes were a bit past it last month so new set of OEM disks and pads a silly decision as i should have looked to uprate but done now

Rear

Then during the hot few weeks we had i felt the car was running very hot so a ghetto cold air feed was made.
Thanks to a mate working for an extraction company for the pipe.

Can see it popping up in the engine bay with my painted engine cover and new filter on intake.

A few snow foam pictures of the car recently

So thats it.

Next up?

Cruise control retro fit and an APR remap. Thinking of going stage one although the car can go more so i appreciate the power gains between stages.

Cheers,
Campbell.

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
Re: Black 3dr GTi
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:36:49 am »
nice looking car, bud. :happy2: Can't beat black when freshly cleaned. How'd you find the P-Flo?

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
I bet that was a nice step up from a 1.2 polo. Loving the snow foam shots.

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:15:22 am »
Looks good mate Recognise the up North pic Pitlochry by any chance no that area well  :happy2:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:36:56 am »
Thanks for the replys much appreciated.

The P-flo is alright I guess. It was very easy to fit and seems quite solid makes quite a hollow noise if that makes sense? Not really got anything to compare it too apart from a mates Leon cupra r but the exhaust on that means you can't hear yourself think never mind the induction kit. In terms of freeing up air flow in preparation for the remap it's ideal and at £85 it was a bargain.

Was a massive jump yeah. Was quite scary for the first few days but then you realise having more power can be safer especially on back roads and going for gaps in motorways. Even just the spec of the golf was a massive jump electric windows remote central locking and sat nav the polo was a base model so was pretty bare.

How did you recognise Pitlochry from that photo? Amazing. We were up at the Kinnaird house lodges was a great long weekend.

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »
 :happy2: lookin smart mate, i like the stealth look you have gone for! nice performance mods too! im sure you will notice the difference when you get it mapped!  :driver:

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »
My folks live up there just Down the hill from where you were and my aunt and uncle own a guest house too :smiley: :happy2:

Go up quite regular with the mrs and kids lovely part of the country
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »
I think I have made the right decision on the map with APR unless anyone wants to convince me otherwise?

We had great weather when we were up and I honestly wouldn't go abroad if you could guarantee the weather here we are going to try Islay next or Skye but will go back to Kinnaird for sure.

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:39:15 pm »
I think I have made the right decision on the map with APR unless anyone wants to convince me otherwise?

We had great weather when we were up and I honestly wouldn't go abroad if you could guarantee the weather here we are going to try Islay next or Skye but will go back to Kinnaird for sure.

Car looks great  :happy2: Good mods.

Just sent you a PM by the way.

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 06:22:14 pm »
So little up date already. Thanks to GNJ Motorsport (who also supplied my eibachs and milltek center section forgot to mention great service) I have a shark STS on the way. Can't wait for it to arrive and see what all the fuss is about.