Make a donation

Author Topic: Timing belt srevice....  (Read 3396 times)

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
Re: Timing belt srevice....
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »
i had my timing belt kit and water pump done all for £250 at my indy they get a massive discount on parts they got the genuine parts for £130

i know that all Vag group dealers charge a minimum of £100ph for labour which soon adds up  :stupid:
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:54:21 pm »
I had belt & pump done at a main dealer for £225. Guy I bought my car from used to work at the dealer so obviously cut me a deal. He said the mechanics probably had ery few bookings that day so better to get £225 than nowt.

'07 Red manual

Offline Mindyloula

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »
We had belt and water pump done at the main dealer where we bought our Edition 30 from and it cost £628!!!!  :sick:

However, it was done at the dealerships expense  :signLOL: (to cut a long story short, car was 3 weeks shy of 4 years old when we purchased it, I'd asked numerous times for it to be done if required before we picked it up and was told it didn't need doing. The car was then at a different main dealer on unrelated matter about 5 months later and they said Cambelt/water pump should have been done at 4 years etc. Cue very angry phone calls to original main dealer (who still refused to do it, then vw customer services and then they finally agreed to do it ... I think I would have  :fighting: if I had been expected to pay that price).
2006 R32 : DSG : 5DR : Black Magic

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 07:12:28 am »
Bane, get it all changed buddy as that's a VERY good price and as stated before its a no brainier to do at the same time, false economy not to. Had mine done from VW main dealer last month and all in it was £419 (price from their website) so not sure where your dealer got that price from.   :laugh:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/fixed-price-servicing

SPB,  

It's every 4 years, regardless of mileage.

Hi Bane,   

Its me being thick as usual , Am I understanding the Parts are around £200 this includes water pump and Cam belt kit  ,Then you are paying £165 and a Extra £37  if you have the Water Pump replaced in Labour , all up around £400 if this is so its about the right price.
 :happy2:

I;ve been in to see them this morning to book it in.
All parts ordered,inc belt,tensioner,roller pins,bolts and water pump...just shy of £200 for the parts...may get a discount too for being a good customer of their's,over the years I've owned VW's. :happy2:
Also agree that it would be false economy not to do it all as if anything that wasn't replaced failed further on,then it would all need to be done again.
Apparently,there isn't a timing kit as such, for the Edition 30-all the components are available seperately,depending on what's required.

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 10:39:14 am »
Almost right Scooba!
The original qoute for the belt and tensioner alone was £165 and adding an extra £37 if I wanted the pump done too.
As I decided to have the lot done,inc roller pins and the bolts that go with them,then all the parts alone cost just under £200.I'm expecting labour to be around the same,so all in ,then yeah, around £350-400 for the whole job.

On a side note,got the call from Jenny at VW UK this morning (impressed with how fast she got back to me) telling me that she has the plaque and build number for my car...no 111. :happy2: Very chuffed with that. :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:48:00 am by Bane »

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 11:04:21 am »
Hi , I think thats probably in line with main VW dealer pricing then from memory a Full /Major service plus MOT and cam belt and water pump was  £690 back in May also mine was given a full wash and vacuum and some new centre caps for the wheels collected and returned

£350 would be cheap imho

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:28:08 pm »
It cost me £399 at my VW dealer last year , I think its went up about £50 or so since then though.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)