Make a donation

Author Topic: Wrong Springs?  (Read 3874 times)

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Wrong Springs?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:20 am »
Here's an easy way to remember. If anyone says they fit an altea, avoid them coz there the wrong ones.

Haha!!

They didn't argue it this morning when I went back.  Obviously they blamed their supplier and said they should be able to get them swapped over tomorrow!  It hasn't annoyed me or anything its just a bit of an inconvenience but they are lending me a GTI DSG with a remap for a day while they do it. (I'm not sure if this is much of a favour the loan car is to me as it will cost me £400 in a remap soon!)

Thanks for the help all!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:31 pm »
Customer relations are built on good customer service :happy2:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 08:52:47 pm »
Here's an easy way to remember. If anyone says they fit an altea, avoid them coz there the wrong ones.

Haha!!

They didn't argue it this morning when I went back.  Obviously they blamed their supplier and said they should be able to get them swapped over tomorrow!  It hasn't annoyed me or anything its just a bit of an inconvenience but they are lending me a GTI DSG with a remap for a day while they do it. (I'm not sure if this is much of a favour the loan car is to me as it will cost me £400 in a remap soon!)

Thanks for the help all!

Seems like a decent garage If they are admitting fault and offering to fix it, most places would deny any liability and charge you for the pleasure of changing them again.

I have more respect for someone that can admit when they are wrong rather than denying they are wrong

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »
a happy ending!! 

They sorted it out the next day, although they should have spotted the problem themselves was good that they sorted it so quickly!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »
Looking good :happy2:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
looks good mate... what did it cost you, looking to have this done soon...

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »
Looking great :happy2:

I'm having these fitted next Friday and that pic has got me even more excited :party:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »
looks good mate... what did it cost you, looking to have this done soon...

£330 including allignment although that shouldn't be required I decided to get them alligned anyway!

Looking great :happy2:

I'm having these fitted next Friday and that pic has got me even more excited :party:
I'm really impressed so far.  It rides just like normal and seems stiffer when really pushed.