Make a donation

Author Topic: Dilemma!!!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Dilemma!!!
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »
Just some advise and feedback required.

I sold a 2nd hand pair of Conti Super Contact 3's with almost 6mm of tread on them.
They came off the front of my car as I was doing a 4 tyre Michelin swap at Costco.
I just received a call today (about 3 weeks after I sold them) to say that one of the tyres had sidewall damage and apparently when they put it on their wheels the inner sidewall bulged????
What do I do?
I know I sold the tyres in good faith, and would never have driven with any sort of damage.  furthermore, for that damage to be there surely I would have known about it (if I hit a pothole).  Also, when Costco removed the wheels from my car I asked them to inspect them and tell me the tread leftover as I was going to resell them.  Surely they would have seen this sort of damage?

:confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bh9efn06sv64uv2viitldb5s8g&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Dilemma!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »
Tough titties!!

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:44 pm »
I would ask them to send the tyres back to you so that you can inspect them but that's only if they have just been fitted now.

If they were fitted 3 weeks ago when you sold them then ask why they have waited until now to report the damage to you.

Did they collect the tyres from you or did you post them?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »
I would ask them to send the tyres back to you so that you can inspect them but that's only if they have just been fitted now.

If they were fitted 3 weeks ago when you sold them then ask why they have waited until now to report the damage to you.

Did they collect the tyres from you or did you post them?

They collected the tyres from me.
Apparently they were stored in a garage till he received his new wheels.
The bad thing though is how would I ever know that's the case???   :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:14:59 pm »
Tell them to flip off. They've probably hit a pothole and are trying their luck
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:56 pm »
Sold as seen surely! How do you know they won't send a dodgy Conti back that wasn't one you sold them?

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »
never give a refund on a wear and tear item also he definitely is trying his luck if he collected them wouldn't he have noticed it then, just tell him they were sold as seen
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »
Sold as seen surely! How do you know they won't send a dodgy Conti back that wasn't one you sold them?

I do agree with everything said here, but does it make a difference if the person that purchased these is from the forum?
I mean should it make a difference, unless it was Steve P  :innocent:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

I do agree with everything said here, but does it make a difference if the person that purchased these is from the forum?

It makes no difference whatsoever, sold as seen! Anything could have happened in the 3 weeks since collecting them.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »

It makes no difference whatsoever, sold as seen! Anything could have happened in the 3 weeks since collecting them.

^^ This

Saintsteve

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »

^^ This

Can't believe your even accepting this.. The guys pulling a fast one. Tough luck.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 09:24:30 pm »

^^ This
...........& me.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 11:24:42 pm »
Sold as seen, sidewall damage would have been visible when collected, if they had any concerns at the time then they could have declined the purchase. Did they turn up with a blindfold on?  :signLOL:

Ive had this recently with an airfilter for old mk4 i sold, posted 1st class recorded delivery, 2 weeks later i receive a call its not arrived, then same again a month later stating thet will pursue a refund through paypal. My reply, well it was signed for at your address two days after posting and you sent paypal gift as you declined to cover fees... tough  :happy2:

Too many people are taking advantage of genuine forum users and expect everything for free!
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391