Make a donation

Author Topic: Pirelli GTI Update  (Read 48043 times)

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Pirelli GTI Update
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 04:05:47 pm »
Thanks for all the kind comments, it started off as just a car to use when back in the UK and then the modification bug hit me, but no complaints as loving every minute of the car and and enjoying every penny I spent on it. I wish I could say the same for what wine & women have cost me over the years LOL.

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:59:45 am »
Thanks for all the kind comments, it started off as just a car to use when back in the UK and then the modification bug hit me, but no complaints as loving every minute of the car and and enjoying every penny I spent on it. I wish I could say the same for what wine & women have cost me over the years LOL.

:grin: oh so true! hahaha

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 10:19:06 am »
Some Pictures of the following:

OSIR - Boot GT - Black Stitching
OSIR - SPM GT - Manual - Gloss Carbon
OSIR - Orbit LED Kit - Blue
OSIR - Orbit Illuminated Gear Leaver (Stainless)

Mixed opinions before fitting it as the Pirelli gear gaiter had the yellow stitching, but once installed I quite liked it as the suede gaiter matched the seats, the blue illumination matched the interior lighting and the hairline stainless steel gear leaver matched the dash and door inserts and the carbon surround finished it off nice.

I went for the stainless steel one over the aluminum one as it is heavier and gives a good shift feel especially after the Neuspeed shorter shift linkage and the Draft 42 bushing kit have been fitted which I feel was a good upgrade and really made a big difference and gave the gear engagement a positive feel.

I am sure there will be mixed opinions as to if its liked or not but I have the original leaver and gaiter I can change back to but personally I like this arrangement.

I am looking to fly back to the UK shortly to get the Brembo BBK fitted which has arrived  :driver:.

Cheers Paul
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:50:22 am by Pirelli Paul »

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 03:15:52 pm »
Looks fantastic.
I always steered away from OSIR as could get local carbon companies to make it for a fraction of the price.
But that gear knob looks amazing, would you consider getting the top flattened and putting a gear diagram on? Would make it really nice and unique then.
Also, consider getting the ashtray done in carbon to match the gear surround part?

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 04:39:22 pm »
Looks fantastic.
I always steered away from OSIR as could get local carbon companies to make it for a fraction of the price.
But that gear knob looks amazing, would you consider getting the top flattened and putting a gear diagram on? Would make it really nice and unique then.
Also, consider getting the ashtray done in carbon to match the gear surround part?

Yes that would look good to do that but the problem is that under the top part that unscrews is a perspex cap that does the lighting and its a little close to the top to flaten it out and engrave the shift pattern on it which is a shame as that would look well cool. I think the carbon ashtray cover would look good also.

Cheers for the comments mate.

Paul

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »
Just a small update this time.

I was back in the UK for a long weekend and had the Brembo's fitted when back, I went for the smaller of the Brembo range (328mm x 28 mm) to keep the weight down and to eliminate the need for spacers and they seem to perform really good and feel a vast improvement over the previous set up. The calipers fitted nice behind the wheels with about 4 mm clearance. All in all very pleased with them but they were expensive (GBP 2,556.00 with the VAT) and took ages to arrive (Around 4 months), so if anybody was thinking of getting them they may be able to find better alternative options.

Whilst back and having the brakes fitted I also took the opportunity to have the timing belt and fuel pump etc. changed, the car had only done 17,242 but since 3 and a half years old now I thought it would be worth doing.

I also played about with the Revo SPS switch and set up for various fuels etc. as follows:

Performance A bad fuel     B=6 T=2 F=9 (Same as Revo default)

Performance B average fuel      B=6 T=4 F=9

Performance C good fuel      B=6 T=6 F=9

Stock      B=? T=? F=?   

Does anybody know what the stock setting is for the Revo switch, is it B1 T0 F0?

Cheers Paul

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:02:19 pm by Pirelli Paul »

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:48 pm »
Although the gear stick isnt to my particular taste... Its quite cool i have to admit!  :ashamed: Very sexy looking car!  :congrats: :congrats:

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »
Thanks Chris

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 01:26:49 pm »
awesome car  :notworthy: with a mod list i couldnt dream of!!!  :congrats:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
That's the two-piece disc kit, right? 

Did you do any comparisons with the stock brakes in terms of weight? 
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13:21 am »
Hi Rob

Yes the Brembo's are a 2 piece disc set up, unfortunately I didn't weigh them but whilst being a lot meatier than the previous set up the garage guy advised they were considerably lighter. Previously I ran Tarrox Sport Japan Drilled & Slotted Discs with EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads and Neuspeed Stainless Steel Brake Lines (These were actually quite a vast improvement over standard set up and I still run this set up on the back).

Cheers Paul

Offline marty341

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »
Lovely car Paul!
I had VagTech do some work on my car a while back, top lads! :smiley:

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 04:12:58 pm »
Cheers Marty

Yeah fully agree the guys at VagTech are sound guys, working on cars seems more of a passion than a job to them, normally I will arrange the works I want done the day I fly back to the UK and I spend the day there with them drinking coffee and having a chat and helping out where I can when they are working on the car and its always enjoyable.

Paul

Offline steph8421

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • VW Addict
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 11:26:08 pm »
I like you bbk

scottm72

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 01:51:16 am »
Just a small update this time.

I was back in the UK for a long weekend and had the Brembo's fitted when back, I went for the smaller of the Brembo range (328mm x 28 mm) to keep the weight down and to eliminate the need for spacers and they seem to perform really good and feel a vast improvement over the previous set up. The calipers fitted nice behind the wheels with about 4 mm clearance. All in all very pleased with them but they were expensive (GBP 2,556.00 with the VAT) and took ages to arrive (Around 4 months), so if anybody was thinking of getting them they may be able to find better alternative options.

Whilst back and having the brakes fitted I also took the opportunity to have the timing belt and fuel pump etc. changed, the car had only done 17,242 but since 3 and a half years old now I thought it would be worth doing.

I also played about with the Revo SPS switch and set up for various fuels etc. as follows:

Performance A bad fuel     B=6 T=2 F=9 (Same as Revo default)

Performance B average fuel      B=6 T=4 F=9

Performance C good fuel      B=6 T=6 F=9

Stock      B=? T=? F=?   

Does anybody know what the stock setting is for the Revo switch, is it B1 T0 F0?

Cheers Paul

hi paul, have you noticed on your vw anti theft valve caps that the actual anti theft screw which isnt stainless steel rusts at all, i fitted a set a month ago and noticed it already ? got them of e-bay but maybe its just the quality of mine