Make a donation

Author Topic: HELP!!! Paintwork gone crazy.... FIXED! thanks people!  (Read 5000 times)

Offline janus909GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: HELP!!! Paintwork gone crazy.... FIXED! thanks people!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 07:26:41 am »
I didn't no?? Not sure if they did.....what do you need to protect it with? AbsolutE novice here.....urgh

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 10:00:07 am »
Ideally you need to use a wax or sealent to help protect the freshly polished paintwork.

Offline janus909GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:55 am »
Ideally you need to use a wax or sealent to help protect the freshly polished paintwork.

ahh ok cheers, plan of action will be to get everything in and sorted this weekend!

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: HELP!!! Paintwork gone crazy....ALL FIXED :)
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
thanks to everyone for their input - i took it back to the body shop, it was what most people said, water getting under the plastic sheeting  had damaged the paintwork

30 minutes later it was back to its old self!

in fairness, thanks to the guys at G and D Smart Repairs Bristol, did it straight away, no questions asked!

seeing these machine polishers go has made me think i need to get myself 1 and sort out the whole car!

Oh my goodness - did they even wash it before sanding polishing your car??

Offline janus909GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »
thanks to everyone for their input - i took it back to the body shop, it was what most people said, water getting under the plastic sheeting  had damaged the paintwork

in fairness, thanks to the guys at G and D Smart Repairs Bristol, did it straight away, no questions asked!

seeing these machine polishers go has made me think i need to get myself 1 and sort out the whole car!

Oh lord i'd hate to see it now those monkeys have polished it. Hologram city in the sun !!  :scared:

If your happy with it fair enough but id have got them to pay for a proper detailer

urgh, ok now i know what you meant!! all over the car, one stage better than before but now i've gotta get rid of all these Holagrams!! whats best? re-polish? You would have thought these guys are meant to be experts!!! i was just grateful for the apparent fix....

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:19 pm »

Oh lord i'd hate to see it now those monkeys have polished it. Hologram city in the sun !!  :scared:

If your happy with it fair enough but id have got them to pay for a proper detailer

urgh, ok now i know what you meant!! all over the car, one stage better than before but now i've gotta get rid of all these Holagrams!! whats best? re-polish? You would have thought these guys are meant to be experts!!! i was just grateful for the apparent fix....

trust me they are far from expert.

I spend half my life fixing bodyshop cock ups.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »
Get it booked into a detailer for an enhancement. Will get a better finish and protect it.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.