Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1101 times)

Offline andykent

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:09:33 pm »
Afternoon Everyone...Currently looking to take the plunge into the wonderful world of VAG.  Found this on Auto Trader so hopefully i'll be viewing it soon! 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201227477911339/sort/locasc/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/price-to/8000/price-from/5000/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/make/volkswagen/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/keywords/gti/postcode/da121pw/page/1?logcode=p

Thoughts on price?  Any issues i should look out for?

oh and for good measure, here is a dancing bananna.... :jumpmove:

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »
Have a look at the cars for sale section on here, my bet is you will find a better one than that at a better price.

Apart from the cambelt and water pump change ensure its had the 40k DSG service done and check what the 'reputable garage' is and what they have done.

No disrespect but it doesn't jump off the screen and say buy me, especially the advert doesn't even mention the Xenons....am guessing its the usual dealer blurb tho.

Offline andykent

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »
Will have a nose at some point! 

No disrespect caused at all mate.  Any information/opinions people have i'll definitely be taking on board. 

Can't wait to get my hand's on one, but definitely won't be jumping in blind!

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »
Welcome along Andy!!  :happy2:

It's not bad, DSG and Xenons. Is this exactly what your after, if not I would suggest you wait for the right one to come along. Plenty out there if you look hard in all the usual places on the interweb (not forgetting the forums, cars owned by forum members will usually have been looked after as they were owned by "enthusiasts"). Do yourself a "must have spec" list ie. number of doors, colour, DSG, XENONS, VWFSH, lowest possible mileage. Be prepared to travel and you will get the one you want, in your price range.

Have a look on this forum, some lovely cars. here you go:-

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,53.0.

Happy hunting fella!!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:50:57 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline andykent

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:45 pm »
Thanks mate..will have a looksie at all the specs & options etc & draw up a wish list...time to trawl for my new pride and joy i think!