Make a donation

Author Topic: Value of BBS Black Edition Alloys and Tyres?  (Read 4400 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Value of BBS Black Edition Alloys and Tyres?
« on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »
In the next week or so I will be selling my 8x19, ET50 genuine BBS Black Edition Alloys which are shod with 235/35x19 Nankangs.  The wheels have done about 7,000 miles and they have been on the car for 3 years.  There is the odd very light slight scratch here and there but they are not kerbed (one rim protector has been replaced as a result of a slight touch against a kerb - the wheel is fine).  The tyres were on a previous set of wheels I owned before being transferred onto these.  The car has just been MOT'd and VW have recorded the tread depth on the front pair at 5mm and the back pair at 6mm.

What do people think they are worth?  Thanks.

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Value of BBS Black Edition Alloys and Tyres?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:33:45 pm »
£12.67, and I'll take them  :happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »
i'll give you £13. in fact i can stretch to £14

send me your paypal
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:51 pm »
Was hoping for a little more that those valuations.  :laugh:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:25:54 pm »
they're worth what someone will pay for them  :happy2:

i know MC71 was after a set of 19" CHs - maybe you could work something out with him?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:37 pm »
Why O Why  didn't you leave these on the ED30 , Your Pescaras had a nice home down in Sussex and the cash was waiting , Has the ED 30 now gone ? .

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:39:19 pm »
In the next week or so I will be selling my 8x19, ET50 genuine BBS Black Edition Alloys which are shod with 235/35x19 Nankangs.  The wheels have done about 7,000 miles and they have been on the car for 3 years.  There is the odd very light slight scratch here and there but they are not kerbed (one rim protector has been replaced as a result of a slight touch against a kerb - the wheel is fine).  The tyres were on a previous set of wheels I owned before being transferred onto these.  The car has just been MOT'd and VW have recorded the tread depth on the front pair at 5mm and the back pair at 6mm.

Ive seen genuine BBS CH026 go for £800 wheels only (and they needed a bit of TLC). Not sure if the black edition were worth more. I know they would be lots more to refurb as the stainless rim is about £60 on its own plus the usual cost of refurb (not that these need it but worth bearing in mind for the future)

Tyres are cheapo crap budget ones (sorry but they are)..

I'd say £900-£1000 if they are in the good condition you claim. Would have been £1200 if they were better tyres.

Great wheel though. I've just fitted CH026 to my golf and they look perfect.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »
Why O Why  didn't you leave these on the ED30 , Your Pescaras had a nice home down in Sussex and the cash was waiting , Has the ED 30 now gone ? .
Just transfering the number off now, will probably go next Saturday once I've got the replacement reg.  Nah, he made the right choice to take the Pescaras they're part of the limited edition.  I personally prefer the CHs, but I would have done the same myself.  Looking forward to getting the R. :party:

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »

Ive seen genuine BBS CH026 go for £800 wheels only (and they needed a bit of TLC). Not sure if the black edition were worth more. I know they would be lots more to refurb as the stainless rim is about £60 on its own plus the usual cost of refurb (not that these need it but worth bearing in mind for the future)

Tyres are cheapo crap budget ones (sorry but they are)..

I'd say £900-£1000 if they are in the good condition you claim. Would have been £1200 if they were better tyres.

Great wheel though. I've just fitted CH026 to my golf and they look perfect.
Yep, that's a pretty fair assessment and around the price I was thinking of.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »
Hi mate. Wrong time for me I'm afraid. Want my 19 CH's in Hyper Silver and would need some different rubber which would add £760 + at least. I reckon (if they are mint A1) they are worth £850+. Brand new the 19 CH's are going for £1500 and the CH-R's are going for £1700 from rimstyle.

Just had a quick look through your posts and saw a couple of pics of the wheels on your car and they look bloody good on your Candy ED30. Peeps tell me they would look good on my Red ED but I like shiney.

GLWS  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »

Ive got a set of pescaras I might sell for the right money...

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:49 pm »

Looking forward to getting the R. :party:

Why not fit them to your R (new golf R i presume?)

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:32:37 pm »

Looking forward to getting the R. :party:

Why not fit them to your R (new golf R i presume?)
Yes, Golf R and it's coming with black 19s so I probably don't need the BBS, although I might change my mind

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »
Hi mate. Wrong time for me I'm afraid. Want my 19 CH's in Hyper Silver and would need some different rubber which would add £760 + at least. I reckon (if they are mint A1) they are worth £850+. Brand new the 19 CH's are going for £1500 and the CH-R's are going for £1700 from rimstyle.

Just had a quick look through your posts and saw a couple of pics of the wheels on your car and they look bloody good on your Candy ED30. Peeps tell me they would look good on my Red ED but I like shiney.

GLWS  :happy2:

No problem.  Just had a quick look on Rimstyle and the black edition CHs without tyres are £1,617.

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »

Ive got a set of pescaras I might sell for the right money...

I may have them depending on price If you wana sell them