Make a donation

Author Topic: Value of BBS Black Edition Alloys and Tyres?  (Read 4403 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Value of BBS Black Edition Alloys and Tyres?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:06 pm »
Why O Why  didn't you leave these on the ED30 , Your Pescaras had a nice home down in Sussex and the cash was waiting , Has the ED 30 now gone ? .

Ive got a set of pescaras I might sell for the right money...

I may have them depending on price If you wana sell them

They could do with a refurb. Faces are good but the rim is a bit scruffy (previous owner not me :) )

They have michelin PS3 tyres. 2 are on the wear bar and 2 are about 5-6mm or more (not measured but they look very healthy.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:53 pm »
Hi mate. Wrong time for me I'm afraid. Want my 19 CH's in Hyper Silver and would need some different rubber which would add £760 + at least. I reckon (if they are mint A1) they are worth £850+. Brand new the 19 CH's are going for £1500 and the CH-R's are going for £1700 from rimstyle.

Just had a quick look through your posts and saw a couple of pics of the wheels on your car and they look bloody good on your Candy ED30. Peeps tell me they would look good on my Red ED but I like shiney.

GLWS  :happy2:

No problem.  Just had a quick look on Rimstyle and the black edition CHs without tyres are £1,617.
Hi Trev , because I like you the new 19 " telledegas  in Black take them off your R and sell them to me  £2k ? stick them BBS on and save yourself some cash you can always buy some in a few years when you get bored with your R. I have some spare money and thought id get a sunroof or Acc  but just as happy to take your Black 19s from the R

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »
Why O Why  didn't you leave these on the ED30 , Your Pescaras had a nice home down in Sussex and the cash was waiting , Has the ED 30 now gone ? .

Ive got a set of pescaras I might sell for the right money...

What are your Pescaras  like  with Rubber ?  what condition are they  , Trevs set had done 500mls and were OEM   foooking lovely

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »
Hi mate. Wrong time for me I'm afraid. Want my 19 CH's in Hyper Silver and would need some different rubber which would add £760 + at least. I reckon (if they are mint A1) they are worth £850+. Brand new the 19 CH's are going for £1500 and the CH-R's are going for £1700 from rimstyle.

Just had a quick look through your posts and saw a couple of pics of the wheels on your car and they look bloody good on your Candy ED30. Peeps tell me they would look good on my Red ED but I like shiney.

GLWS  :happy2:

No problem.  Just had a quick look on Rimstyle and the black edition CHs without tyres are £1,617.
Hi Trev , because I like you the new 19 " telledegas  in Black take them off your R and sell them to me  £2k ? stick them BBS on and save yourself some cash you can always buy some in a few years when you get bored with your R. I have some spare money and thought id get a sunroof or Acc  but just as happy to take your Black 19s from the R
No, no, no. :laugh:  I'm sure someone will part with a set, £2k is a good offer.  Try a wanted advert on the R Forum.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »
ooooh nice Trev look forward to seing it at the meet

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 11:22:33 pm »
ooooh nice Trev look forward to seing it at the meet
If all goes as planned it will be there Andy. :happy2:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:57 pm »
I tried to join RFORUM but waited for ages for the moderators to allow me to join the email they sent me may have gone in my spam folder and been deleted.

I have looked on EBAY.DE some do come up but you need to be careful Roccos have 44 off set Golfs 50 of set. Id buy a brand new set in Black 19s and bag them and use them for a change now and then...

Did you give the ED30 buyer the choice on the rims ,Id seriously have had them for our ed30 .

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 09:24:46 am »
you need to be careful Roccos have 44 off set Golfs 50

what's wrong with that? would be like running a 6mm spacer perfect for when you get bigger brakes  :wink:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:30 am »
you need to be careful Roccos have 44 off set Golfs 50

what's wrong with that? would be like running a 6mm spacer perfect for when you get bigger brakes  :wink:

Hi Sub  is that how it works with the offset  the lower the number the more the clearance ,

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:49 am »
yep. wider wheels with the same offset also give more clearance

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

the ET (offset) is the number of mm from the midline of the wheel where the face mounts the hub

so if you imagine that you take the Golf R wheel with an ET of 50mm and add 6mm spacer, the number of mm from the midline has reduced by 6mm (i.e. ET44)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:59:21 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »
The lower the ET number the more the wheel pushes out.  ET44 will stick out more than ET50, but could be okay still.  ET35, for example, will stick out even further and will almost certainly cause rubbing issues at the front.