Make a donation

Author Topic: R32/GTi clocks into Jetta?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
R32/GTi clocks into Jetta?
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:28:58 pm »
I am wanting to change my clocks for Golf Gti / R32 ones. I just prefer the way the clocks sit and look in the dash compared to the bog standard clocks.

I have found a couple but with only half FIS and not full which mine are. Would I be able to take my innards and swap them over onto the GTi ones keeping the housing, clock faces and needles from the new one? If so, does anybody know of a How to?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
Re: R32/GTi clocks into Jetta?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:49:27 am »
Yes Mate. It can be done.
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
Thanks for that. Got my eye on one just down the drag from me, so can pick it up. Sweet.

You don't perchance know of any how to's?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
Ok, got a question for those brainiacs out there!

My clocks are marked to 160mph, but the R32 clocks I'm interested in are marked to 180mph. How would I go about changing the speedo settings to match if I changed over the dial faces too?

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:00:58 am »
Dont bother about changing the dials. All can be set up in your Instrument Cluster. When u swap the clocks dont forget to copy your coding in VCDS.
I did swap GTI clocks to TDI model which is completely diferent and it works fine.
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 04:14:09 am »
Olsen...

So theoretically....one could obtain a highline r32 cluster (obviously petrol) and code this to his/her tdi?

Would it matter if th r32 clocks were >2 on the end (off a car newer than mid 2006) and the car they were going onto was a 2005... :popcornsoda:

And your near Birmingham right? So you'd be able to do the coding etc if a certain member on here wanted this service doing?....lol
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:04 am »
Dont bother about changing the dials. All can be set up in your Instrument Cluster. When u swap the clocks dont forget to copy your coding in VCDS.
I did swap GTI clocks to TDI model which is completely diferent and it works fine.

Thanks, but I am changing the insides and the outside cover over onto mine as the R32 clocks are Midline but mine is Highline. I don't want to lose that. Therefore to make it work, I need to change the dial faces, needles and front plastic cover onto my original clocks.

It's just that these clocks are like a 1/3 of the price people have been asking for R32 clocks. Then you still need to pay someone to do the immo and mileage correction if you have the skc code.