Make a donation

Author Topic: Electric windows not auto lowering after battery disconnection  (Read 1024 times)

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
I wonder if someone can help me with this...I disconnected the battery to do some work on the car and then reconnected the it. I found that I couldn't use the second switch position to auto lower or raise the window since this. Is there some sort of reset procedure to rectify this?
Bit baffeld to say the least. Couldn't find anything about this in the handbook either. Haven't found anything that doesn't work properly...yet!?

Thanks in advance!

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
Re: Electric windows not auto lowering after battery disconnection
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:20 pm »
I wonder if someone can help me with this...I disconnected the battery to do some work on the car and then reconnected the it. I found that I couldn't use the second switch position to auto lower or raise the window since this. Is there some sort of reset procedure to rectify this?
Bit baffeld to say the least. Couldn't find anything about this in the handbook either. Haven't found anything that doesn't work properly...yet!?

Thanks in advance!

Press and hold the window switches down until they reach the bottom and then hold for 10 seconds,then do the same for up and that should sort it!!!!

scott :happy2:

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
Re: Electric windows not auto lowering after battery disconnection
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:30 pm »
Good service here as always... :congrats: