Make a donation

Author Topic: Beginner  (Read 1316 times)

Offline da_ansa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Beginner
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »
Hello i was looking to get started in the world of photography and was wandering what peoples thoughts are regarding the Canon 1100D.

Is it a good entry level camera or is it worth adding a few quid extra and getting something with a higher specification?

Offline Panthera

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Beginner
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »
I would say, work out what type of subjects you want to take, landscapes, birds (feathered variety), cars, motorsport, Trains etc.... This will give a slightly better bearing on the camera/ lenses you choose.

I personally think Canon make the better cameras over the other brands (I own a Canon 30D) and their lenses are better.   The Canon 1100D i don't know a lot about, so can not full comment. But have a look here at a review of the camera...http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1100D/
Its all things to all men...Golf GTi
2007 Blue Graphite Golf GTi

Offline Mark...

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »
I'v just got a 1100d not used it much yet but as a starter camera im very impressed with it sorry not much help For you

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:05:21 am »
The 1100d is a newer version of the 1000d which really bought digital slr ownership to a realistic price level for beginners. There is no limit to what you can spend on photography so i would suggest set a budget first . A good compact is as good as a beginners slr and you can have it with you all day without any hassle unlike carrying an slr. Also it depends on what you want to be photographing .

So Set budget then perhaps ask again
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD