Make a donation

Author Topic: The big question. Parrott CK3100 or VW Bluetooth integration?  (Read 877 times)

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
The My previous car, Jetta  1.9 TDi had a Parrott Bluetooth handsfree kit which did was it was designed for and well at that but had a tendency to fall off the dash even when stuck on using 3M heavy duty sticky foam pads. In summary it worked but lacked a certain finesse.  My new car, 2007 Golf GT TDI doesn’t have any form of Bluetooth integration but as I use my work phone a fair amount on my way to and from work I need to get something sorted ASAP.

So my options are to either get another Parrott at £80-110 or something like the VW 5K0 kit at circa £200. As I have an RCD510 my preference would be to get the 5K0 kit purely because of the seamless integration but this would require a degree of coding and as I don’t have access to Vagcom I would have to rely on somebody to code the Gateway for me whereas the Parrott for all its faults is pretty much plug and play and slightly cheaper.

So really my question is. Does the VW 5K0 justify the extra cost?
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
  • You ain't seen me, right?
Re: The big question. Parrott CK3100 or VW Bluetooth integration?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »
I'd go with the VW kit or a Fiscon (the newer one with the integrated mic). Nothing wrong with the Parrot IMO but if you have the choice....

Bound to be someone round your way with VCDS. If not then I'm likely to be heading that way in a couple of weeks.
'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:58 pm »
Cheers  :smiley:

I think the Fiscon kit is going to be outside of my budget of £200 max which is a shame really as i like the look of it.

So now need to decide which VW kit i go for....
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:32 pm »
Cheers  :smiley:

I think the Fiscon kit is going to be outside of my budget of £200 max which is a shame really as i like the look of it.

So now need to decide which VW kit i go for....

Look for a 2nd hand Fiscon. I think i sold mine too cheaply recently, at £150 for a Fiscon Basic Plus.