Make a donation

Author Topic: MAF sensor Connector  (Read 3374 times)

Offline PaulGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
MAF sensor Connector
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:43 pm »
MAF sensor Connector

Hi Guys, The 3 wires for the connector that goes into the MAF are starting fray and break. Has anyone else had this problem ? Or does anyone know if the wires can be taken out of the connector block, stripped back and reconnected to the pins etc ?

Cheers

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: MAF sensor Connector
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »
Hi,

Your best (cheapest) option would be to visit a breakers, chop off the plug from a car he's breaking ( the maf plug is common across most of the vag range), chop yours off ( making sure wire colours and printouts are the same) and just attach the used one on!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline PaulGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:23 pm »
Hello mate, thanks for the reply. That will probably be my last option as I want to try and fix it first. I'm sure the pins come out somehow as there is the purple or orange strip that pulls out the side to unsecured it some how

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:24:47 am »
Hi,

Yup, the orang tab you can see is a locking tab - use a thin 'jewellers' screwdriver to slide it out (you'll notice an opening in the black housing maybe where it can slide out, I'm not 100% sure without seeing the connector but most AMP automotive connectors in vag applications are like this) then with the rear of the connector block removed you can use a terminal pin remover to remove the damaged wires -

then you'd buy the repair wires from vw and replace accordingly - again, without looking at the connector but it's quite likely the wires may use a waterproof mechanisms...I haven't come across any vw repair wires which come with the rubber bungs in place - so you would have to buy the bungs from vw and replace accordingly (I've got the part numbers somewhere)

After all that palaver that's why I would just recommend chopping on another plug - wiring would all be underneath the black plastic insulation so as long as you didn't totally butcher it, it would still look totally oem and no one would be none the wiser!

I'll have a root around in the morning for part numbers for the wires/bungs/plugs - unless your local vw is very very very good I doubt your efforts would be very fruitful with the Etka boys at their parts counter!

Good luck  :happy2:
GONE

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »
Repair wire numbers 000 979 133 A ( you'll need a pair)

Connector should be 1j0 973 775 A

GONE

Offline PaulGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:31:18 pm »
Repair wire numbers 000 979 133 A ( you'll need a pair)

Connector should be 1j0 973 775 A

Excellent, thanks for your help mate

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:41:12 pm »
That shooooould be correct...lol.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=35794

Bit of a how-to for ya, on a tdi but same principles  :happy2:
GONE