Make a donation

Author Topic: Scott-mk3's first MK5 Ownership  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Scott-mk3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Scott-mk3's first MK5 Ownership
« on: July 22, 2012, 05:05:10 am »
Thought id finally start a thread on here!
Bought my 06 gti over a year ago off the workshop foreman at my old work and done a few wee
Minor changes to it since.

Started out like so after a pretty major cleaning session on it:

Ran it like this for a while which was a change as i usually make changes straight away.
Bought a carbonia intake for it off one of my mates whos on here(graeme) so fired that on as the first thing!

Unfortunatly the dreaded rust started on the wings and ended up the paint flaking pretty major!

Thankfully managed to get a score through warranty though and got 2 new wings and while it was in i got the bonnet and bumper painted to freshn the front end up!

Now the body was getting better i wanted to lower it. Searched about for ageeees seeing what to go for and ended up just going for FK's. Some folk will say they are poor but for the
Money i cant fault them. Only thing i knew from previous coilies on my old golfs was they would rust and seize! Sorted this out by using clear laminating film on the bodies and PTFE tape up and down all the threads!

3 months on and there still like new! Fired on new top mounts and bearings when i fitted them too!

Sadly one of the diamond cut monzas got cracked before the coilies went on but this was kinda to my advantage as i wanted to change them any way. I settled for CH reps. Had them on a mk3 vr6 i had befre and always loved them!

While i was doing the coilies decided to do the subframe mod too so fired in the washers and new subframe bolts from audi

Last sort of recent thing thats iv done is wrap a few parts in 3M carbon fibre vinyl. Got the b door pillars done and the front grill wrapped:

Was playing about with different colours for the gti stripe. Work in a digital print shop so lots of spare vinyl kicking about. Ran it gloss black for a bit and thought of running it lime green or yellow but decided just to go back to red.

Only other small changes iv done is red interior mats, black gti badges and generally kept on top of maintenance. Fitted 2 new rear calipers to it and gets an oil change about every 3k miles.

How it sits the now:

Couple with my mates edition30:

Future plans are r32 rear lower bumper but still with gti exhaust exits. Possibly colour code the skirts and an ed30 front splitter colour coded. Inter cooler, exhaust and a map.

Scott
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:12:08 am by Scott-mk3 »

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Scott-mk3's first MK5 Ownership
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 11:01:20 am »
Really like the look of this. 18 CHs?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:19:50 am »
bucketsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :love:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:59 am »
bucketsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :love:

Wish I had cloth buckets  :sad1:

Offline Scott-mk3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:41:22 pm »
Really like the look of this. 18 CHs?

Cheers man! Yeah just 18" CH reps. 8x 18 with 225 40's. Think im going to down a size possibly to 215 when i need tyres though as the rear could do with just a few mill more arch clearance.

Seats are what made me buy the car lol! Totally love them.

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:05:07 am »
 :happy2: looking smart mate! them seats are just  :drool:

oh and i love how you have taken pic's of your golfs outside ford  :signLOL: chew on that ford!! ha

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 10:20:14 am »
Very smart, i keep looking but you dont see many with them seats in  :notworthy:

Offline Scott-mk3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »
:happy2: looking smart mate! them seats are just  :drool:

oh and i love how you have taken pic's of your golfs outside ford  :signLOL: chew on that ford!! ha

Haha funnily enough the vw garage is directly opposite the ford one,behind where im standing taking the pics. Just though id take a few random snaps as my mate with edition30 is who i bought my gti from.

Offline Scott-mk3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
Very smart, i keep looking but you dont see many with them seats in  :notworthy:

Seats are what makes the car for me. Iv actually seen a couple round glasgow area now with the same seats. Always seems to get folks attention at shows for the seats. Got a list of folk wanting to buy them off me!!

Think im going to buy open front fog light grills for it next. Going to nip down to dealers next week and buy new interior grab handles to tidy it up a bit. Few wear and tear marks from age now.

Offline 4dyctdi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 12:34:07 pm »
That picture beside the Ford  :happy2:emblem is a classic

Blairr

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »
Looks on it hoop out side to the ford garage scott plus makes that editon look like a truck lol love this car its time for some power tho  :grin: