Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitting a.p's tomorrow, advice needed.  (Read 955 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Fitting a.p's tomorrow, advice needed.
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:24 pm »
Gonna be fitting my ap's tomorrow after them being in the shed for the last 6 months. What i need to know is , is valvoline dot 5.1 brake fluid any good from euro car parts as its readily available, or can i use a dot 4 as i dont do track days and what is the best way of draining the current system and lines and replacing with new fluid. Is it just a case of drain old replace with new and bleed up????? Any help much appreciated.

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Fitting a.p's tomorrow, advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »
Valvoline is a decent enough brand, ideally you want something thats a different colour. That way you can tell when the new fluid is coming thru.

Remember to start at the furthest point when doing a complete fluid change. So should be nearside rear, offside rear, nearside front then offside front, but could be wrong about the rears.

Not sure why you're installing AP's if you're not tracking it, massive over kill and a big waste but each to their own. IMHO

Fish

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Fitting a.p's tomorrow, advice needed.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »
I was gonna track it but had a change of heart and they are just sitting there so may as well put them on. Anyways at least i know it will stop  :signLOL: On standards at min with 340hp aint no fun at all. :happy2: