Make a donation

Author Topic: birds!!  (Read 1595 times)

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
birds!!
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:43:59 am »
why is it birds find the need to sh*t all over your car as soon as it has just been cleaned??!!! just paid my mate whos a detailer £90 to give my car a little bit of attention, he drops it off and it is sparkling! litrally 10 minutes later i jump in the car to go get some milk and on my way back to the car theres a massive bird sh*t all down the side and front of the car! the wee bugger must have been holding this in for months judging by the size of it!! absolutely raging!! are they attracted to shiny objects or do they just look for a nice clean car to sh*t on? rant over
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
Re: birds!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:05:31 pm »
There's definitely a conspiracy here as our works car park often sees a number of targeted cars, and I mean targeted  :fighting:

Its often just one or two cars that get completely covered while the rest stay untouched...if that's not precision sh!tting then I don't know what is!
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:16:09 pm »
You should try living on the south coast in a house with nesting Seagulls on the roof! It's why I keep my car garaged whenever I'm not using her. Seagull poo is particularly abrasive and acidic. But they make some wonderful noises and are stunning to watch in flight. I once witnessed one fly down with the full sun behind like a fighter pilot and whip an ice-cream cone out of a woman's hand while she was sat on the beach - It all happened so fast she didn't realise at first what had happened - Very funny to see.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »
You should try living on the south coast in a house with nesting Seagulls on the roof! It's why I keep my car garaged whenever I'm not using her. Seagull poo is particularly abrasive and acidic. But they make some wonderful noises and are stunning to watch in flight. I once witnessed one fly down with the full sun behind like a fighter pilot and whip an ice-cream cone out of a woman's hand while she was sat on the beach - It all happened so fast she didn't realise at first what had happened - Very funny to see.

haha actually laughed there  :signLOL:

this happened to me down at Arran once, was sitting on a bench eating a sausage supper and i was to busy concentrating on about 5 seagulls edging towards me that i missed one fly from behing me and grab the sausage from my hand! needless to say the rest of the chips got threw at them!
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline ilim

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »
Just wish we could just shot them in britian... would make driving more fun... :fighting:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »
^^^^ seems a little harsh. You try flying at 40 ft (at speed) while having a dump, can't be easy and to aim at the same time on to a freshly cleaned car is very impressive and an act of great skill IMO.

The only place for me to park my car at work is under some trees and most days I get a present or two, bless them. Trying to get those "purple berry poops" off your car after a day baking in this sun is real joy and something I look forward to doing after a 12 hr day.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 06:36:58 am »
I cleaned mine last saturday. Everyday so far I've come out to a load of it on the roof.  :fighting:

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 11:39:13 am »
so woke up this morning...looked out the window...shock theres another bird sh*t on the door  :signLOL: