Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello from the Orkney Islands  (Read 1096 times)

Mackie

Hello from the Orkney Islands
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:07:23 pm »
Hi all,

New to the forum and recently travelled down to Newcastle to pick up a clean MK5 GTi. It's standard apart from the wheel's which appear to be diamond cut, but otherwise very tidy, 06 plate, 67K miles with leather, xenons and highline display.

I thought i was fitted with the RNS510 however it turns out it is some form of copy, anyone got any idea's? Next step is to fit my westfalia tow bar, towbar rear bumper to get a genuine RNS510, i believe i'll need to update the CAN bus etc but will have to do some more research!

Cheers,

Stuart

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Hello from the Orkney Islands
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »
Tidy motor my friend.

My Auntie and Uncle actually live on Orkney also, never been by my parents have and it looks lovely.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
Welcome mate

Looking tidy :happy2:

You have the optional extra 18" monza 2 alloys (which are diamond cut and look much betted than the standard 17" monza's IMO). The HU looks like a chinese copy but they arn't all bad.

If you go for the RNS510 you will need to update the CANBUS to avoid battery drain. There is info in the sat nav technical help area.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:24:02 pm »
Welcome along!  :drinking:

Car looks like a beauty, nice one, the scenery looks stunning, I envy you. Reckon you must be the most northerly member on here. Would love to see the Orkney's. Wife has been (years ago) and still goes on about now.

Cheers,  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 04:30:30 pm »
Looks nice same as mine although mine is a more door  :happy2:

What headlights are those?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:11 pm »
Looks nice same as mine although mine is a more door  :happy2:

What headlights are those?

Xenon headlights (although cannot see the washers so maybe retro fit)
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦