Make a donation

Author Topic: Whats the best coilovers to go for??  (Read 8418 times)

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
Re: Whats the best coilovers to go for??
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 04:19:26 pm »
Personally i love the B16's i have. I just set them to 1 all round for day to day driving, nice and comfy. 3 at the front 2 at the back for fast road, 8 front and 5 rear on track and 10 rear 5 front for 1/4 mile.

It takes less than 2mins to change settings and changes the feel of the car completely and they have a life time guarantee :happy2:

I would consider the Nitrons now if i was in the market just to be different :grin:
May have to play around and try out some of these settings Rob, thanks for the info! :happy2:

These are setting for a neutral feel to the car, if you like it a bit tail happy then like ARB's set the rear stiffer. Like maybe 8 all round for track, wheras normally it would be 5 for a neutral feel.

This is what Bilstien recommended to Hurdy when he visited them at the Nurburgring. Have yet to try mine on track but will be before the summer is out.
Again, thanks mate. I've also got my rear ARB set stiffer than my front and I like the way that the car feels with it like that.

Id probably keep your b16 setting neutral then as you'll probably find to much rear end stiffness. I still have oem ARB's so not 100% on that.
Ok dude, thanks again! I'm running the Eibach ARB's and really like them!

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin: