Make a donation

Author Topic: Anybody got a Hertz hire car discount code they want to share.....  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
As per title, I'm looking to rent a car with Hertz in the south of france :driver:, just wondering if anyone has been emailed any offers or codes that they would share with me?

PM me if you prefer

Thanks in advance :drinking:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
Re: Anybody got a Hertz hire car discount code they want to share.....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »
Also checkout www.quidco.com as they do 6% cash back.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 06:11:43 pm »
Why Hertz????  :confused:

There are so many good car rental companies out there that are far cheaper and offer the same as Hertz.
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:24:14 am »
I have always found Hertz to be fantastic. We used them last year to hire a car from Vancouver to Calgary, Canada and got a massive upgrade as they didn't have our class of car in stock. Went from a ford Focus to Mitsubishi 4x4. Other companies may appare to be cheaper but make sure they are including insurance in their quote.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:51 am »
Why Hertz????  :confused:

There are so many good car rental companies out there that are far cheaper and offer the same as Hertz.

I've always found renting from Nice airport a complete shambles, a good pal of my, with a place in the south of France recommended Hertz.
I've checked the prices are they are competitive when you add in all the extras (as degudodger points out) and compare like-for-like, infact holiday autos are more expensive!
I can also hire the exact car which is a bonus - so I'm looking at a Mercedes B class which will be interesting to try out

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:09 pm »
I have always found Hertz to be fantastic. We used them last year to hire a car from Vancouver to Calgary, Canada and got a massive upgrade as they didn't have our class of car in stock. Went from a ford Focus to Mitsubishi 4x4. Other companies may appare to be cheaper but make sure they are including insurance in their quote.

I went thought an online agency to book car hire at Malaga airport, they wasn't the cheapest but they stated that zero excess insurance was included

When I got to the airport I had to queue for over an hour at a gold car hire desk while all the other desks were empty.

Ended up having to pay €55 for insurance and €85 for a tank of fuel for a skoda Fabia

I will be using a major company direct next time

I have a hertz discount code from SAS euro bonus but not sure if you could use it without a gold card
CDP 824824

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:49:48 pm »
You guys seem to have had a load of issues.
To be honest I never go to a main car rental company and I've never had any issues whatsoever, in fact most time I've had upgrades as well.
I often use rentalcars.com for a really good price.  When I get to my destination I normally find that they use a big company like Budget or Europcar anyway  :party:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »

I will be using a major company direct next time

I have a hertz discount code from SAS euro bonus but not sure if you could use it without a gold card
CDP 824824

Thanks for the code :wink: - I'll give it a go

Offline Mzareieg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 01:44:14 am »
 :happy2: