Make a donation

Author Topic: Whats the best coilovers to go for??  (Read 8423 times)

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
Whats the best coilovers to go for??
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »
Recently had H&r springs fitted to the edition 30 and found problem with the front right suspension arm, like a knocking noise i have had it checked out and been told common fault with mk5 golf could do with replacing in future, instead of getting a genuine replacement im looking into getting full set coilovers. I really dont want hard ride nothing worse!!!!!! can i get the best both worlds?? comfort and performance?? Which set should i go for and how much am i looking at??
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Whats the best coilovers to go for??
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:50:37 pm »
Would the suspension arm not be the wishbone or one of the bushes?

I looked into coilovers and it all depends on your budget to be honest, the cheapest I would go for is AP

I ended up buying a blisten b12 shock/spring kit though

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:35:31 pm »

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:09 am »
Less than a grand bilstien b12, over a grand Bilstien B14/16, sachs, AST and Nitron's although for some reason nobody has fitted these http://www.corbymotorsport.com/vw-golf-mk5-c-2737_4350_4269_4308_4310.html

Look pretty fancy anyway.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 07:08:35 am »
I've just put some KW V1's on my car and they are awesome. The ride is as good as standard if not better and when pressing on they perform really well.  :happy2:
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:55 pm »
thanks all for feedback  :wink: i really do want get this one right with coilovers, because it can become very expensive not choosing right the first time :rolleye: , i do fancy KW V1s are these adjustable to soft and hard? have nice ride height???
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:45:13 pm »
I've just fitted some Bilstein B16's. I decided, like you that it was worth doing right the first time so waited and saved a little longer before taking the plunge. Had the whole car Polybushed at the same time too so its feeling epic now. Good luck with whatever you choose mate, I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome! :happy2:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:21 pm »
I've seen some KW V3's come up for sale on one of the forums, Looking for a grand and nothing to do with me as I've got the B16's. :)

Fish

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:34 pm »
I've seen some KW V3's come up for sale on one of the forums, Looking for a grand and nothing to do with me as I've got the B16's. :)

Fish
Well worth a punt at that price! :happy2:

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »

Fish
Well worth a punt at that price! :happy2:
Too late on those.  :P

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »
Personally i love the B16's i have. I just set them to 1 all round for day to day driving, nice and comfy. 3 at the front 2 at the back for fast road, 8 front and 5 rear on track and 10 rear 5 front for 1/4 mile.

It takes less than 2mins to change settings and changes the feel of the car completely and they have a life time guarantee :happy2:

I would consider the Nitrons now if i was in the market just to be different :grin:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »
Personally i love the B16's i have. I just set them to 1 all round for day to day driving, nice and comfy. 3 at the front 2 at the back for fast road, 8 front and 5 rear on track and 10 rear 5 front for 1/4 mile.

It takes less than 2mins to change settings and changes the feel of the car completely and they have a life time guarantee :happy2:

I would consider the Nitrons now if i was in the market just to be different :grin:
May have to play around and try out some of these settings Rob, thanks for the info! :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 02:53:27 pm »

May have to play around and try out some of these settings Rob, thanks for the info! :happy2:

These are setting for a neutral feel to the car, if you like it a bit tail happy then like ARB's set the rear stiffer. Like maybe 8 all round for track, wheras normally it would be 5 for a neutral feel.

This is what Bilstien recommended to Hurdy when he visited them at the Nurburgring. Have yet to try mine on track but will be before the summer is out.

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:57:19 pm »

These are setting for a neutral feel to the car, if you like it a bit tail happy then like ARB's set the rear stiffer. Like maybe 8 all round for track, wheras normally it would be 5 for a neutral feel.

This is what Bilstien recommended to Hurdy when he visited them at the Nurburgring. Have yet to try mine on track but will be before the summer is out.
Again, thanks mate. I've also got my rear ARB set stiffer than my front and I like the way that the car feels with it like that.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »

Again, thanks mate. I've also got my rear ARB set stiffer than my front and I like the way that the car feels with it like that.

Id probably keep your b16 setting neutral then as you'll probably find to much rear end stiffness. I still have oem ARB's so not 100% on that.