Make a donation

Author Topic: September Apple media event - all but confirmed  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
September Apple media event - all but confirmed
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:21 am »
MacRumors are reporting that a number of sources have said that apple will be holding a media event on 12th September - Highly likely to be the iPhone 5 or "new iPhone"

Who's excited?

Link:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/30/apple-media-event-all-but-confirmed-for-mid-september-iphone-launch-likely/
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: September Apple media event - all but confirmed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:20:26 am »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:50 am »
Really excited but am trying to hold back as it could be a massive disappointment like last year.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:52 am »
Reality check: it's a phone.

:wink:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:37:29 am »
Already know what it looks liike. Not going to be very exciting really. Just like the iPhone 4 announcement in 2010. And here is the iPhone 4. "Yes. WE KNOW"

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/30/hands-on-video-of-next-generation-iphone-5-enclosure/

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:01:25 pm »
Its now getting a little silly with all the new releases of their stuff , especially in a "Recession" . An Iphone allows you to access your internet listen to music and to make phonecalls . Its quite a simple thing that needs little improvement. A Bigger capacity would be nice though .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »
brilliant,

im due to upgrade on 22nd of August so i'll wait till after this to see what the crack is

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:53 pm »
I have been due an upgrade since January but nothing on the 4s makes me want to upgrade
Depending on what's been added to the next gen phone I might not even upgrade again this year.

My iPhone 4 does everything I need it to do still holds charge All day and hasn't slown down like my 3G did

R32UK

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »
the s3 is daddy of phones at the moment... the i5 is just playing catch up  :P

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 03:21:39 pm »
Come November I might have a look (Current contract expiry), as I don't pay for phones I am in no rush to buy one and see what the fuss is about, I only left Nokia 18 months ago after being a die-hard Nokia man for 15+ years  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
Going backwards....having the headphone socket on the bottom!!

Who the hell thought of that..... :fighting:

As for the rest of it....unless the battery life has vastly improved I see no reason to upgrade.....Apple really have to pull something spectacular out of the bag to convince people that they should stick with the iPhone over the top android based phones.

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 03:55:09 pm »
I havent even thought about upgrading to a 4S but will be upgrading to the 5 when it's released. Whilst android phones can seem to offer more, for someone like me with several macs, ipad, iphone, apple tv etc any other phone is simply not an option I would consider. At the end of the day its quite a personal choice how our phone fits in with our lifestyle.

For me being able to pick up any device at home and instantly have access to all my music, videos etc on my TV or any speakers in the house always brings a smile to my face. Others may not see that as anything other than a gimmick, again personal choice!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »
I have tried android phones/tablets and they are just not as slick to operate as IOS devices
I know they are more powerfull but they just haven't been able to compete with the way apple devices work

My son has been able to use my phone since he was 3

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 06:16:41 pm »
Totally agree with the above 2 comments - My Daughter uses both mine and my wife's iPhone's and she is 7  :signLOL:

The form of the Apples devices is why I choose them, they look good, feel good to use and stay fresh looking - The Android phones do not seem to be able to match this Form capability. IMO the S3 is far too large, I only hope the new iPhone isn't huge  :laugh:

My only annoyance is that Apple are adding small bite size updates frequently, lots of the iOS6 updates will not be compatible with iPhone 4 only 4S and whatever comes next. Siri can run on iPhone 4 albeit illegally so why not do a legal version?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »
Totally agree with the above 2 comments - My Daughter uses both mine and my wife's iPhone's and she is 7  :signLOL:

The form of the Apples devices is why I choose them, they look good, feel good to use and stay fresh looking - The Android phones do not seem to be able to match this Form capability. IMO the S3 is far too large, I only hope the new iPhone isn't huge  :laugh:

My only annoyance is that Apple are adding small bite size updates frequently, lots of the iOS6 updates will not be compatible with iPhone 4 only 4S and whatever comes next. Siri can run on iPhone 4 albeit illegally so why not do a legal version?

I agree the S3 is too big but IMO the iPhone needs a 4" screen at least. My S2 is 4.3" and I like the size, so 4" would be a minimum for me.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦