Make a donation

Author Topic: September Apple media event - all but confirmed  (Read 4011 times)

Ifti

Re: September Apple media event - all but confirmed
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:57 pm »
Will be sticking to my 4s until there is a 5s - by then any teething issues will have been rectified.
I'm hoping more for an updated Mac Mini Server!!!

Offline sam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Calibre Connections LLP
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 11:49:42 pm »
Will be sticking to my 4s until there is a 5s - by then any teething issues will have been rectified.

Ditto that :happy2:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 08:27:21 am »

My 4 suffers from a  really bad wifi connection I put it down to the phone but have recently found out there is different revisions of the wifi boards on them and I've got the dud version but I'm too late to return it to apple as I have had it for 2 years now.

If I do get a 5 I will be making sure everything works as it should and complaining to apple straight away

Offline rob172cup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 08:42:13 am »
Im undecided, I have an iphone4 and had it since the day it was released, apart from the home button not working every now and again it does  everything i need it too and its just going to cost money to get the new phone as im on a nice cheap contract at the min. So unless its really special Ill be sticking woth the 4 or moving to android ! Thats the plan anyway

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 08:45:18 am »
Come November I might have a look (Current contract expiry), as I don't pay for phones I am in no rush to buy one and see what the fuss is about, I only left Nokia 18 months ago after being a die-hard Nokia man for 15+ years  :signLOL:

The same mate, I used to be a mod on Nokiausers.net and dailymobile.se but after the N8, I just didn't fancy anything else and with the android hype, I was missing out on Sky Go and numerous other stuff. So jumped ship to HTC Desire HD, then iPhone4, didn't like that, went to SG2 and now SG3.

Nokia and WP are just lightyears behind, and they have no dominance in the market place. Just substandard stuff getting chucked out every Qtr.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 06:02:14 pm »
I need a larger capacity phone otherwise. I'd have stayed put.  Since getting my smarpthone I do so many things on it that  big capacity it now a necessity.  Headphone Jack at the bottom is stupid.  Really hope that is off the point. Larger screen is needed but not too big.  I will be waiting a while before getting the phone as there are always teething problems with phones and apple isn't quite a bona fide phones manufacturer.

Oh yes and I'm mega excited! :grin: :grin:
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline Rhino

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:19 pm »
the s3 is daddy of phones at the moment... the i5 is just playing catch up  :P

YEP!!!! S3 is the daddy! i love mine

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 09:10:08 am »
Just cause its the biggest phone that you can see from space, doesnt mean its the best. Sadly, it has a crap OS.

Oh wait, another Apple thread that gets filled with Phandroids. Could i have loaded the Macrumors forum by mistake??  :wink:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »
Just cause its the biggest phone that you can see from space, doesnt mean its the best. Sadly, it has a crap OS.

Oh wait, another Apple thread that gets filled with Phandroids. Could i have loaded the Macrumors forum by mistake??  :wink:

The HTC One X in my opinion, does everything right that the S3 does wrong. Okay, the S3 can shout about is its' 2100mAh battery, but most people charge every night anyway so no biggie  :happy2:

I know what I'll be replacing my almost 2 years old Desire with, which has been faultless along the way..
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »
Who cares? This is an Apple thread. Android fans need not read or try and show off their tabl.....i mean phones.  :happy2:

R32UK

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 11:31:00 am »
Who cares? This is an Apple thread. Android fans need not read or try and show off their tabl.....i mean phones.  :happy2:

people who want the best phone care... apple fanboys dont  :P

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 12:44:25 pm »
Got peed off with waiting and am now awaiting the arrival of my Samsung S3 today. Gonna give it a try and see how I get on with it. If I knew more about what the new Iphone was going to be like or what features it would definitely have, I would definitely have waited. Not gonna hang around on rumours. Never liked the 3 or 3G, hence why I only changed over when they bought out the 4 and bought that a month after launch once I knew what it looked like and what it could do.

Who knows, may not like the Galaxy at all and sell it on and wait for the Iphone. Still got my 4 handy. :happy2:

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:30 pm »
Got peed off with waiting and am now awaiting the arrival of my Samsung S3 today. Gonna give it a try and see how I get on with it. If I knew more about what the new Iphone was going to be like or what features it would definitely have, I would definitely have waited. Not gonna hang around on rumours. Never liked the 3 or 3G, hence why I only changed over when they bought out the 4 and bought that a month after launch once I knew what it looked like and what it could do.

Who knows, may not like the Galaxy at all and sell it on and wait for the Iphone. Still got my 4 handy. :happy2:

S3 hardware is impressive. Screen on the One X is better (both are too big for me though), but its Android that is the problem for me. I just cant stand the way it works.

R32UK

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »

S3 hardware is impressive. Screen on the One X is better (both are too big for me though), but its Android that is the problem for me. I just cant stand the way it works.

Not sure what you mean by that... this is my first android phone and it works almost identical to the iphone.  same old stuff just very slightly different was of using... sometimes I think it just boils down to what you are used to :confused: