Make a donation

Author Topic: ebay advise  (Read 3770 times)

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: ebay advise
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 11:32:26 am »
She'll be after a substantial discount on the price paid - this is the reason I no longer sell electrical stuff on eBay due to the amount of chancers that know how the Paypal system works.

Whatever communication you have, do it via the dispute messages. Also put out there some reasonable solutions that makes her look unreasonable should it get properly investigated.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »
request denined, guess ebay will have to take care of it.

is there anyway to speed up the process

You can try calling eBay and once in a while they will immediately escalate the case if they feel the other party are being unrealistic and/or unreasonable.  Always stay calm and polite if you call eBay, they are very good and spotting potential rogues, i have no doubt they will see straight through this one with the evidence.  They can access the messages sent to/from and see what the score is.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:20:19 pm by Apollo »

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 12:18:24 pm »
The money before return is nonsense.  You buy something there is a problem you send it back then you get your money.
Police won't care as it's a civil matter and I very much doubt watchdog will either.
I bought what I thought was a new phone and it turns out it is but with less warranty isn't much of a story. Besides watchdog need to keep their benefit cheat heads down for a bit ;-)

Offline Mzareieg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 01:47:29 am »
 :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »
Ebay will not do anything until she provides tracking for the returned item and when she does return it, feel free to pop up to your local police station and have a copper witness you opening the box (I did this once before), if its empty report the crime as fraud, get your crime ref number and a print out and send it to paypal they will deal with her then.

As for requesting refund before return  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:      do one love!!!!!  :P

Just keep your messages nice and state quite clearly that once returned refund will be issued, until then there is nothing you can/will do about it.

If there are no messages written on the dispute for 10-15 days it automatically gets closed by Ebay and your money returned to you.

I had an Aussie guy claim for a "Damaged item" wanting a partial refund (He wanted £100 back on a £200 item), asked for pictures for proof of damage, he sent me pictures for a different item, quick call to paypal and case closed.

Also if she threatens you with negative feedback unless you comply then thats for Ebay to remove after she leaves it (just did one this morning for my fathers account, guy left neg feedback and the guy was demanding money back for delivered item (Tracking proved delivery) and says he will agree to change feedback when he gets his refund  :signLOL:, thanks Mr German con-man you just threatened feedback extortion, Ebay can remove that for me now   :happy2: (Which they did in 2 minutes).

Quick follow up email to buyer stating feedback removed, ebay and paypal informed, your blocked form buying and Ebay are aware of your ISP, any further attempts to do this will result in removal from Ebay.

Stick with what people are telling you and remind her that Marks and Spencer don't give a refund until the item has been returned  :signLOL: :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14