All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

New Plans

(1/7) > >>

T88OMM:
Right guys just want you thoughts on this one. Subject to me selling my ED30 I will be getting a GT170 Diesel in Black 3dr, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I want to break away from the norm on this one and go for a euro look. I have found a few photos of what I want the car to look like. Please look at the link below (it is the black golf a quarter of the way down the page with deep dish wheels on and a belgium plate)  :laugh: :jumpmove:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66&page=8

My new car will have the exact same rear bumper as the one pictured (votex) and I would like the bottom half of the bumper smoothed into the top half (no gaps) exactly as the owner of this car has done. I also want the number plate recess made smaller to fit a smaller style plate  :jumpmove: I am also not going to have 4 hideous exhaust pipes, I dont want mine to be visible at all, oh an also smoked R32 rear lights. Now onto the wheels, I have got a price on the exact ones pictured and they aint too pricey so I am either going to go for these or BBS LM replicas in a 19' fitment. I would like your guys thoughts on my plans and also any recommendations on wheels type or any cosmetic modifications that could be improved upon  :happy2:

QD MBE:
I had a 170 TDi Leon.  Are you aware that the 170 engine has a DPF fitted, and this has effect on the remap potential.  Also i found the economy to be quite poor.  About 42 max.

T88OMM:
Yeah I know about the DPF. Milltek have know developed a DPF removal pipe and this adds to the mapping potential. You can expect around 220-230 bhp with a good map and the DPF removed  :happy2: If I get 42 mpg I will be over the moon, it has got to be better than the 23-24 I am currently averaging  :smiley:

JPC:
tom your such a prick!

your just copying me! black 3dr gt sport 170! arse!

JPC:
and im getting the DPF removal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version