Make a donation

Author Topic: newbie needs info  (Read 1297 times)

Offline nacco

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
newbie needs info
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »
sorry if im being dumb here but does this forum have a search on it  :ashamed:
if so can you point me in the right direction because ive been looking for it, it says its at the top of the page in the new members page but i cant see it

also im looking at buying a facelift gt tdi 140. and then getting it remapped can anyone recomend companys for this i know revo and awsome gti do them is there any one on here that have used these.

i know that the all tdi's can smoke especially after a remap but how bad does it actually get?
the car i am looking at has done a fair few miles 140k but has been well maintained is the millage to much at this point to get a remap

last thing what do you all think a guide would be for value of the car mention 2007 facelift gt tdi, 140k no leather etc

ps. are there any usful sites you can suggest for the mk5 golf parts etc as i looking to change the rear bumper, and wheels

thanks in advanced

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Re: newbie needs info
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »
There are a number of different reputable remapers out there.  Where are you in the country.
 I used performance torque to map mine and rate them very highly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Regards,

Mike

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Re: newbie needs info
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:24:35 pm »
As for smoke if done properly will not smoke much worse then standard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Regards,

Mike

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: newbie needs info
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:12:46 am »
Stick with a reputable brand/ tuner for the remap. Here's a few suggestions:

-R-Tech
-PDT
-AMD
-Revo
-superchips
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 07:36:05 am »
I believe the search function is only available after 10 posts.....am sure a Mod will correct me if I am wrong.

Parts - For sale section here or eBay etc.

I haven't been here long and I can honestly say if someone here cannot help you with any questions then no one can. This is the best site for all your Mk5 needs  :happy2:

Price wise - my fav way is to go on eBay and search for completed listings on your car model. Search thru for ones similar spec to yours inc mileage, age, mot and tax. Then average it out, remember different parts of the country the price may differ.....we still have a slight north v south divide ESP on commuter diesels.

Offline nacco

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »
thank you all for your help so far.

will be looking at different remaps before deciding which to go for not in any rush as there are alot of other things i want to do before this.

really hope someone can help with the search feature on the forum thouhg as i would like to search before asking questions that may have already been asked just like the remap question.

other than that tho. its a great forum and some lovely cars on here. keep up the good work everyone

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
What sort of mileage should one expect out of a Turbo off a diesel???  May be worth checking out, you don't want to buy it then map it and have the turbo let go a few days later.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI