Make a donation

Author Topic: AA Repair Cover....Not breakdown cover.  (Read 698 times)

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
AA Repair Cover....Not breakdown cover.
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:42:05 am »
Had this for a couple of years and not used it thankfully, just wondered if anyone had it and had actually made a claim?

For those who don't know it's taken out alongside your breakdown cover for around £5 a month, the AA will then pay upto £500 towards repair costs should your car require anything doing to it. Few stipulations in the small print such as £25 excess, max 5 claims per year, car has to be fully serviced as per manufacturer but not new by a dealer as long as genuine parts used etc etc.

http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/pdfs/breakdown-repair-cover-policy-jan-2010.pdf

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Re: AA Repair Cover....Not breakdown cover.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:58:05 am »
Ive got this and made a successful claim for the common cooling fan failure -where the small cooling fan seizes and the larger one works over time to compensate.

the only issue is that the policy doesnt cover air con components and when my mechanic submitted the claim, he used the term "air con fan failure" which is technically true ( i think) and the claim got rejected. Got him to re-word it to "cooling fan" (which is its primary function) and hey presto, claim accepted.

The claim saved me more than the cost of whole annual policy.

small tip, if you sign up to www.topcashback.co.uk and go through them to sign up for the AA breakdown cover (with home breakdown and national assistance) AND repair cover (taking the total over £151), you get £75 cashback. no brainer really (if you dont already have cover).

If you just choose the basic breakdown cover and repair cover (total is £99 i think), you are looking at £38.38 cashback.

Either way, the cashback offer runs out TODAY so be quick!!

Rich