Make a donation

Author Topic: Duty free fags Spain  (Read 10769 times)

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Duty free fags Spain
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 10:28:35 am »
Got back from Spain (Alicante) airport about a month ago. Bought some for friends and family. Don't buy anything, smokes or booze in Duty free, way to pricey. Go into the local Tabac's and get what you want there, will save somewhere around 20%.

As this man says , forget duty free and wait until you find your local shop and buy them there  :happy2:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 10:51:38 am »
It's not as easy to stop as people might think.

On the many times I have tried being at work is always my downfall, it's always far too busy and so high stressed that without getting a smoke I feel like I'm away to erupt.

I hopefully will stop one day but that will be my choice.

Im not a drinker but I don't look down my nose at people that drink it's my choice not to drink because I hate wasting a Sunday feeling rough and I turn into a compleate arsehole when I'm drunk. I can still go on a night out with people drinking and enjoy myself.

And drinking puts much of a strain on the NHS as smokers, ask any A&E nurse or doctor what the weekend is like. On top of the winos that are being carted to the hospital daily.

As I've said before if I'm near a non smoker I won't smoke I'll go round the corner and smoke or If on a long car journey I'll pull over and smoke.

If all this scaremongers had there own way we wouldn't be driving fossil fueled cars, wouldn't have gas heating in our house or electric as the power stations pollute too

The argument could go on forever but all the bad things for us (fuel,fags&booze) are the governments biggest earners.

And you don't have to worry about my smoking effecting the NHS, I was in an accident at work last year and was left lying in a hospital bed for over 12 hours with 4 major lacerations to my body swimming in my own blood before I was even seen by a doctor, and i have taken out full private medical insurance so I hopefully never have to go to a NHS hospital again

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 11:54:16 am »

I cannot understand how educated people ignore the warning right in from of them.

It's true that there are many people who simply ignore the health implications, but in the majority the simple fact is that it is addiction. But when people attempt give up they aren't don't treat it as such, they try and go cold turkey, or use replacement methods. They don't address the psychological dependency.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »

....I don't agree.

I stopped smoking... overnight.
I stopped drinking alcohol... overnight.
I stopped taking illegal drugs... overnight.

Keith Richards gave up heroin because he decided to give it up, for example. It's just a matter of making that decision which includes the decision to stick by your decision.

It's a matter of willpower. It's all in the mind.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 12:08:23 pm »

You have to consider that for some people willpower is none existent though!

I smoked through my teens, decided one day to give up, and never smoked again. But I can thoroughly understand that for some it is hard to give up.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 12:31:19 pm »

You have to consider that for some people willpower is none existent though!

I smoked through my teens, decided one day to give up, and never smoked again. But I can thoroughly understand that for some it is hard to give up.

....You are absolutely right. Some people are weak and have no willpower. I'm afraid to say that I find that difficult to understand but must accept it.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:38 am »
^^^^ Have noticed an alarming amount of "larger" peeps in recent years. We're supposed to be in a recession, they seem to be able to afford take always ok!! Over a certain BMI those peeps should be refused NHS treatment and made to jog home.

....Humping is very good for you. But the problem is that it's usually never duty free. In fact, it sometimes carries a super tax  :grin:

We end up paying for it one way or another!! Still, it's a tax I'm happy to pay.  :evilgrin:

As I dont drink I feel smoking is me doing my bit for the economy(That along with having a car that is not exactly economical to run), every time I light a cig up, its another 23p in tax the gov get  :signLOL:

Thats an odd one... a non drinking smoker. I thought the two went hand in hand  :confused:

Good old stereotypes eh, it's nice to break the mold once in a while  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 07:40:29 am »

....I don't agree.

Keith Richards gave up heroin because he decided to give it up, for example. It's just a matter of making that decision which includes the decision to stick by your decision.

It is VERY easy to STOP smoking "IF YOU WANT TO".

Whenever I start going out with someone who does not smoke I stop smoking (simple), but when I am going out with someone who does smoke or when I am single I will smoke, the reason is easy, i actually enjoy smoking.

Those who want to give up will do, those who enjoy smoking (some say Addiction is a state of mind) will not stop, all the aids the NHS can throw at you won't work unless you "Want it".

I have given up about 7 times in the 20 years, (having been a NON smoker for 8 of them in last 20yrs), I once stopped for 12 months for a £100 bet with a mate of mine.

I promised my mother last year I would stop smoking by the time i reach 40, you have to have a good reason to stop  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:43:10 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=avcimsofsjrak3b5md610oaqmb&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:28 am »
^^^^ Have noticed an alarming amount of "larger" peeps in recent years. We're supposed to be in a recession, they seem to be able to afford take always ok!! Over a certain BMI those peeps should be refused NHS treatment and made to jog home.

....Humping is very good for you. But the problem is that it's usually never duty free. In fact, it sometimes carries a super tax  :grin:

We end up paying for it one way or another!! Still, it's a tax I'm happy to pay.  :evilgrin:

As I dont drink I feel smoking is me doing my bit for the economy(That along with having a car that is not exactly economical to run), every time I light a cig up, its another 23p in tax the gov get  :signLOL:

Thats an odd one... a non drinking smoker. I thought the two went hand in hand  :confused:

Good old stereotypes eh, it's nice to break the mold once in a while  :happy2:

I wasn't making a stereotypical comment. I know loads of people who smoke... And they all drink, just the way it is. I also know plenty of folk who drink but don't smoke.

In fact in pretty sure you are the only person I've come into contact with that smokes and doesn't drink. It's not a problem, just an observation.

:-)

Offline GolfGIT

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 08:51:04 am »

....I don't agree.

As a true test of your willpower:
Stop modding your GTI..... overnight! :wink:
2014 Mk7 GTI, 5 dr, manual, tornado red, performance pack,
19" santiago's.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 09:13:33 am »

....I don't agree.

As a true test of your willpower:
Stop modding your GTI..... overnight! :wink:

^^^^  :signLOL:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Or stop posting on this forum.... overnight!

Offline GolfGIT

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 09:19:58 am »
If you compare our number of postings, one of us would find it quite a bit easier to give up! :signLOL:
2014 Mk7 GTI, 5 dr, manual, tornado red, performance pack,
19" santiago's.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:56 am »

On the many times I have tried being at work is always my downfall, it's always far too busy and so high stressed that without getting a smoke I feel like I'm away to erupt.

I hopefully will stop one day but that will be my choice.

Im not a drinker but I don't look down my nose at people that drink it's my choice not to drink because I hate wasting a Sunday feeling rough and I turn into a compleate arsehole when I'm drunk. I can still go on a night out with people drinking and enjoy myself.

And drinking puts much of a strain on the NHS as smokers, ask any A&E nurse or doctor what the weekend is like. On top of the winos that are being carted to the hospital daily.

As I've said before if I'm near a non smoker I won't smoke I'll go round the corner and smoke or If on a long car journey I'll pull over and smoke.

If all this scaremongers had there own way we wouldn't be driving fossil fueled cars, wouldn't have gas heating in our house or electric as the power stations pollute too

The argument could go on forever but all the bad things for us (fuel,fags&booze) are the governments biggest earners.

And you don't have to worry about my smoking effecting the NHS, I was in an accident at work last year and was left lying in a hospital bed for over 12 hours with 4 major lacerations to my body swimming in my own blood before I was even seen by a doctor, and i have taken out full private medical insurance so I hopefully never have to go to a NHS hospital again

No Emergency Private Hospitals in the UK !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 02:42:45 pm »
and for most major cancer operations (such as for lung cancer *hint hint*), private hospitals do not usually have the facilities to undertake such procedures.

your surgeon will operate on you in an NHS hospital, and you will go to an NHS critical care area post operatively. once stable, you will be transferred to a private hospital bed 2 or 3 days later.

in regards to your experience, i would put in a complaint to the hospital concerned. having worked in a very busy A&E department before (and doing extra shifts there recently) i can assure you your experience is in the minority, but if something needs to be changed the managers will only know if a complaint is put in (because they think they know better than front line medical staff and don't tend to listen to us - but they will listen to you).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:48:06 pm by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 03:19:14 pm »
Got back from Spain (Alicante) airport about a month ago. Bought some for friends and family. Don't buy anything, smokes or booze in Duty free, way to pricey. Go into the local Tabac's and get what you want there, will save somewhere around 20%.

As this man says , forget duty free and wait until you find your local shop and buy them there  :happy2:

Where they will most likely be fake and full of illegal carcinogens. Lovely.

I detest smoking. Im not going to tar all smokers with the same brush, but i find in most cases smokers the most selfish social class of people on the planet. Dont think twice before sparking a fag up in front of you and blowing their horrible stench all over you.

We have had Virgin Media move into the next building to us, and they are all selfish "insert chosen expletive here" taking up the whole pavement in droves of 10 when i need to move between our 2 buildings we occupy in the business park. Why should i have to walk on the road to avoid the cloud of stench? There must be 10,000 cigarette ends that have just been discarded on the floor since they moved in. Its disgusting.