Make a donation

Author Topic: Come and get me, Hector Riva...  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Come and get me, Hector Riva...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 08:31:21 am »
Got 2 numbers and 2 lucky stars on one line and got all excited...

£16.90! Surely matching 4 numbers from 7 is worth more than that? :sad1:

I got 1 number and 2 stars and was £8.60 I think lol, that will be going on fridays draw for 160 million  :signLOL:

Prizes for Euro millions are not worth anything until you get 4 + 2 stars or 5 numbers plus stars.  :sad1:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 09:41:23 am »
It's ridiculous. It's already about a gazillion to one odds of winning!!

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:22:33 am »
It's ridiculous. It's already about a gazillion to one odds of winning!!
and yet someone eventually wins it,
Like they say..."You gotta be in it to win it"

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 11:52:54 am »
Another £2.00 wasted last night. :sad1:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »
^^^^ it's not wasted, it's "invested!!" (or at least that's what I tell myself).

As I know that I'm winning the jackpot on Friday I don't consider my money lost, just simply being held for me by those lovely peeps at Lottery HQ. Don't feel so bad "investing" another tenner.

Odds of 116,531,800 to 1, bring it on Hector!!

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
Foooooooooooook is that the odd's !!!!!!!!!!!! :sad1:.Oh well i will still be investing another 2 quid this friday.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:36 pm »
^^^^ thems the exacte odds, copied from Lottery HQ. makes you wonder why anyone thinks they might win, we all still do it though. Got to be in it to win it.... As they say!

:happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 04:27:52 pm »
I worked in a local factory for 11 months while my divorce was being fought (needed to get out of the house without moving out and losing it!) and one of my factory floor co-workers won £1.1 million on the Lottery. But he didn't have a clue or any experience of handling larger sums of money and continued in his job!  :stupid: He'd never done anything else in his life.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:06 pm »
Got 2 numbers and 2 lucky stars on one line and got all excited...

£16.90! Surely matching 4 numbers from 7 is worth more than that? :sad1:

I got 1 number and 2 stars and was £8.60 I think lol, that will be going on fridays draw for 160 million  :signLOL:

Prizes for Euro millions are not worth anything until you get 4 + 2 stars or 5 numbers plus stars.  :sad1:

Don't let it change you! :signLOL:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
I worked in a local factory for 11 months while my divorce was being fought (needed to get out of the house without moving out and losing it!) and one of my factory floor co-workers won £1.1 million on the Lottery. But he didn't have a clue or any experience of handling larger sums of money and continued in his job!  :stupid: He'd never done anything else in his life.

I've always said I would continue to work as I truly love my job, don't know if I won a considerable amount I would actually stick to that statement or not but I like to think so. All I know is I would be arriving in my Veyron or my Zonda or my Enzo or my 250 GTO or my Mc!aren F1 or any one of the 30 cars I would have bought by Saturday morning. Shame there is no river near my work otherwise I could arrive via my Sunseeker 155. Suppose I could have a river made!! As you can see winning the lottery wouldn't change me at all. :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »

I've always said I would continue to work as I truly love my job, don't know if I won a considerable amount I would actually stick to that statement or not but I like to think so. All I know is I would be arriving in my Veyron or my Zonda or my Enzo or my 250 GTO or my Mc!aren F1 or any one of the 30 cars I would have bought by Saturday morning. Shame there is no river near my work otherwise I could arrive via my Sunseeker 155. Suppose I could have a river made!! As you can see winning the lottery wouldn't change me at all. :signLOL:

....I can totally understand someone wanting to continue working if they love their job. The £1.1m winner I mentioned was in an 8am-5pm factory floor job with only a 15-min break in the morning, only half-an-hour for lunch, and only a 10-minute break in the afternoon. We could get into trouble just for talking. It was like working in an open prison. I've still got some friends from that shared experience who are still there but they would definitely stop if they could afford to.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:54 pm »
^^^^ thInk I'd rather be in an open prison than work somewhere like that.

Dont think £1.1 million would go along way nowadays! Recently read somewhere that to live comfortably for the rest of your life you would need to win a staggering £3.6 million (assuming that you were at the start of your working life) to never have to work and to never wont for anything, seems a lot.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »
I haven't worked since 1999 when my son died and I now live on State Benefits. You'd be surprised how you adapt and can get by.

A friend recently worked out that you would need about £35k a year to run (and enjoy) a new Ferrari like the F12, even when the first 7 years servicing is included.

It all depends what lifestyle you want.

I don't want much, I just want a lot of it!!  :grin:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

You know what? I reckon it wouldn't matter how much any of us won, we'd all be skint in 5 years, but we'd have some pretty awesome garages  :signLOL:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 06:00:05 pm »

You know what? I reckon it wouldn't matter how much any of us won, we'd all be skint in 5 years, but we'd have some pretty awesome garages  :signLOL:

.... :laugh: So true!