Make a donation

Author Topic: Which Coilovers for Mk5 Golf GTTDI?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline bm_99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Which Coilovers for Mk5 Golf GTTDI?
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:44:08 pm »
Hey all, thinking of doing some 'proper' mods on the Golf lol. Its a 5 door 2006 '06' 2.0 TDI version

Never done any type of suspension mods before but i know i want coilies not springs lol (as i cant afford bags yet).

Budget wise is probably £250-£350 MAXXXX, but i also want a smooth/ comfortable ride, lowering wise i wont be decking it to the max as i also at times have a full car.

Been looking at FK Highline and Ap racing ones, but any others you lot can reccomend? Make and models would be helpfull and also where you bought yours from, as there are tons out there and i dont want the wrong one or wrong type lol

Cheers, all

P.S. - Sorry for starting another thread as im sure there are 1000s of these lol

Offline Craig1905

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Which Coilovers for Mk5 Golf GTTDI?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:53 am »
Can't speak from experience myself but I know a couple of people who hve fitted JOM's to their mk5 and have only good things to say about them. Happy with the handling, drop and the ride quality. And I believe they're under £200 delivered so not a bad buy by all accounts!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:52:15 am »
The fk are good as well ,just make sure you put grease on the adjusting threads to stop them rusting.I saved up a bit more and put kw v1 on mine with no problems in the last 3 years

Offline bm_99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:56 pm »
The fk are good as well ,just make sure you put grease on the adjusting threads to stop them rusting.I saved up a bit more and put kw v1 on mine with no problems in the last 3 years

Dont think i'll ever save up enough for the kw's lol, plus not sure i need to spend that much either

R.E the JOM's a mates mate has them on his polo and everyone says the ride is harsh and crap lol, i havent tried it myself though

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »
FKs or APs. Sure stevw1 has weitecs and he rated them!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

Dont think i'll ever save up enough for the kw's lol, plus not sure i need to spend that much either

R.E the JOM's a mates mate has them on his polo and everyone says the ride is harsh and crap lol, i havent tried it myself though

you only get what you pay for Joms are a budget coilover i personally would wait and save some more money why buy a nice well built car only to run the risk of ruining it by fitting poor components
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo