Make a donation

Author Topic: What's your favourite Ferrari?  (Read 10494 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: What's your favourite Ferrari?
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
Chill out Carl. Can't you take a joke?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2012, 09:17:42 pm »
Yup.  :P But you weren't joking  :wink:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2012, 09:20:00 pm »
By the way, if I was really trying to be clever, I'd tell you what the word compunction means :happy2:

You mad barstewards.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »
^^^^
:signLOL:

We are all a bit mad in here!  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=f9tfioudms96rph7oqlh2u0aji&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:02 am »
... id much rather take a RS 4.0.

Than a 599 GTO? U mad! :laugh:

Yes... over any ferrari.  :happy2:

Amen to that  :happy2:
a four-duck bad-trot over a V12 Fezza? Surely not!

Yes any day of the week.

I would take a C63 over both of them.

x2^2000

I drove a 360 and thought it was a pig to drive, theres not a cat in hells chance that I would want to drive around in something that is a pain in the arse to drive. I have also driven a Carrerra 2S and its probably the nicest cars I've driven, so easy to drive.

So yes... ill stick with the porker RS4.0....

(a) Because Ive wanted a porsche since day dot
(b) Because I prefer the styling
(c) Because you cant drive around in a Ferrari and not look like an attention seeking penis that everyone hates (this is fact not opinion)
(d) Porkers are more discreet.

Thank you and goodnight..  :notworthy:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:44 am »
Fellas.

It wasn't a difficult question. What's your favourite Ferrari?

We are all petrolheads, clearly. And anyone with petrol in their veins is going to love or at least respect Ferrari. Even if you prefer Lamborghini. But why bring in things like practicality and useability? If I was going to go ask about that, The title of the thread would have been something like "What's the most exciting car that can be used on an everyday basis, B roads, school run, Nurbergring etc etc"

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2012, 07:55:39 am »
Fellas.

We are all petrolheads, clearly. And anyone with petrol in their veins is going to love or at least respect Ferrari. Even if you prefer Lamborghini. But why bring in things like practicality and useability? If I was going to go ask about that, The title of the thread would have been something like "What's the most exciting car that can be used on an everyday basis, B roads, school run, Nurbergring etc etc"

Why is it so difficult to understand that not everyone will love or respect Ferrari. :confused: Just because you do, doesn't mean I have to. That's like me saying to you that because you're a red blooded male you should find Cheryl Cole & Katy Perry as attractive as I do. No doubt you do, but they are not everyone's cup of tea.

It's called individuality and if we all liked the same things we would all be still driving Black Model-T Fords! :grin:

A Lamborghini is not exactly a car that is practical either.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 07:57:03 am »
as Carl has mentioned, we all aspire to different things

you might ask what your favourite Ferrari is, but if your favourite Ferrari is a 458 but you never aspire to own one because it's so far down your list of favourite cars then it's a pointless question.

Carl has taken one side of the question and said that as it's not a realistic aspiration he's chosen to voice his desire for a car that is more realistically attainable. if your question is "which car would you have if money was no object" i doubt many of us would pick a Ferrari at all. i for one would have a tough time choosing between a Koenigsegg and a Pagani and Ferrari would never cross my mind.

so yes, it's a simple question. but it's not simple to answer! "I prefer Lambo", or "I prefer a special edition 911", or "I'd prefer to aspire to something more realistic" are all fair answers to that question.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:59:41 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 09:32:36 am »
^^^^
I think that what Ian (the OP) means by his thread title is "Assuming you love Ferrari's, which one (Ferrari only) is your favourite?"

So, stating you prefer another marque such as Porsche, Lambo, etc is actually off topic. We all have our individual preferences and should respect the preferences of others.

Aren't some of you being a bit pedantic?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2012, 09:39:16 am »
most people have offered their favourite Ferrari, but qualified it with other statements regarding their preferences. i think that's fair enough really. it still answers the question and there's nothing wrong with a healthy discussion regarding supercars  :smiley:

bit disappointed with the lack of photoage tho. (no Robin, that doesn't mean a babe draped over a supercar  :P - but if you have an example of said photo i wouldn't complain!)
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2012, 09:56:49 am »
^^^^
Here's an excellent vid to make up for lack of photoage (courtesy of simonp):

Personally I would go for the 458 Coupe rather than Spider but I should be so lucky to even have that choice!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:36 am »
Bloody Bovingdon - that guy has the best job in the world.

Offline pitsirikas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2012, 10:19:43 am »
The one and only...

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly..!
                Respect a man's car and the man will respect you

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2012, 01:19:57 pm »
Fellas.

I like my Golf...   ... :P

:popcornsoda:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2012, 02:33:29 pm »
... id much rather take a RS 4.0.

Than a 599 GTO? U mad! :laugh:

Yes... over any ferrari.  :happy2:

hmm even i'd be hard pressed to choose the RS 4.0 over a 458, even tho i love the 911

The only Porsche that would get in my fantasy garage (Euromillions permitting) would be the Porsche 918, a Ferrari 458, 599GTO, 288GTO and 328GTB would deffo be in there, no need to buy a 911 unless you need something for shopping  :signLOL:

(a) Because Ive wanted a Ferrari since I was 6 when I first got to ride in one  :happy2:
(b) Because I prefer the styling of ferrari over the VW beetle look  :grin:
(c) Because you cant drive around in a Porsche without someone thinking you cannot afford a ferrari  :signLOL:
(d) Porkers are more discreet. two a penny

My opinions, as mentioned in previous posts have been lucky enough to drive many Porsche cars (My mate is mad on them and has in the 12 years i known him owned over 10 different Porsche 911 variant models) and I have been lucky enough to have driven one or two ferraris (Testarossa and 355) and been a passenger in a few others. My mate who is mad on Porsches is currently speccing/pricing a 458 as he fancies something "More Special" (His words not mine), hope he does get the 458 as I will be first in line for a drive of it  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:41:52 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14